record set issue

Erman Taylan

Aug 27, 2010, 6:20:33 AM8/27/10
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Every single day i face a interesting problem on qtp. Today, my problem is about record set.

I can connect to db, created a record set by using: http://www.wiziq.com/tutorial/56294-QTP-Scripts-Examples

But my record set sometimes can be loaded -i can read a values from record set which came from db- sometimes it's not. I should refresh record set? If yes, how? or What i should do?

Thanks for your help!

Have a good one,
Erman

U S Achary

Aug 27, 2010, 8:50:14 AM8/27/10
to mercu...@googlegroups.com

If a recordset returns empty, then try to use ReSync method for Recordset object, so that It could refatch the data from the underlying data source and to update the values in the current record set.

Const adAffectAll = 3
<RecordSetobject>.ReSync(adAffectAll)

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Uma S Achary
Automation Consultant
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/uma-sankar-achary/15/a62/591

Erman Taylan

Aug 27, 2010, 9:25:11 AM8/27/10
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks man!

But, qtp gives me error which i am sending it with mail.

Have a good one,
Erman

2010/8/27 U S Achary <usac...@gmail.com>
error.jpg