Regarding Database testing using QTP

Arthi Gopa

Aug 24, 2010, 2:45:44 AM8/24/10
to Mercu...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all

I have been given a job to test the database using QTP, database is oracle. Can any one tell me how to connect to the database and what is the right way to connect the database.

Can any one tell me a small scenario that will help me to start my application

Thanks and regards

Arthi

Niranjan Bansal

Aug 24, 2010, 3:49:57 AM8/24/10
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arthi,
              Please keep me in loop.

Thanks in advance
Niranjan

Regards
Niranjan Bansal

Ruben

Aug 25, 2010, 1:31:15 PM8/25/10
to QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Here's the connection details for oracle:

TNS-less connection string:

Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(CID=GTU_APP)
(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=myHost)(PORT=myPort)))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=MyOracleSID)(SERVER=DEDICATED)));User
Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

Pooja Prakash Sao

Aug 27, 2010, 5:26:31 AM8/27/10
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
hi

u have to create object of  adodb.connection to connect data base and create object of adodb.recordset to hold the data.

regards,
Pooja