LENR nonsense is infecting more respectable educational institutions

E. Merger

Apr 29, 2012, 6:53:25 AM4/29/12
to Memphis Freethought Alliance Public Forum
Where is James Randi when you need him to set these deluded scientists
straight? This event is at William and Mary College. They've been
infected. Call out the brain police before the disease of actually
doing honest experiments spreads. There should be a law for even
thinking about things which violate scientific theories. Until we can
get a law passed, we will have to be content with mocking them,
discrediting them through "common sense," ruining careers, waging a
media war, and just plain lying. Of course this is all being done in
the public interest and guys like Randi never make a dime. Send money
now to JREF, to help save the world.

http://www.cvent.com/events/international-low-energy-nuclear-reactions-symposium-ilenrs-12/event-summary-2afdc5aee9fe479ca69ff752477cbd25.aspx?i=94547db5-366b-4cba-86c3-f04213f13356

Summary

Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) offer the prospect of clean,
inexpensive, limitless, nonfossil renewable energy. The symposium will
review LENR's current theoretical and experimental status, including
updating recent results. Expert panel discussions will evaluate the
present state of the art and define future directions, including
establishment of criteria for creating university-based, state-of-the-
art LENR research and development centers.

http://www.cvent.com/events/international-low-energy-nuclear-reactions-symposium-ilenrs-12/custom-20-2afdc5aee9fe479ca69ff752477cbd25.aspx?i=94547db5-366b-4cba-86c3-f04213f13356

International Advisory Committee:

Beverly Barnhart (DoD)
Jean-Paul Biberian (CINaM, France)
Dennis Bushnell (NASA, LRC)
Peter Hagelstein (MIT)
David Nagel (GWU)
Mike McKubre (SRI International)
George Miley (UIll)
Mahadeva Srinivasan (BARC- retired, India)

Program Committee:

Richard Everett (NRL)
Ganapati Myneni (ISOHIM, JLab, VA University Consortium)- Chair
Liviu Popa-Smil (LVLMLLC)
Bob Pike (College of W&M)
Mike Staker (Loyola University)
John Wallace (Casting Analysis Corporation)
Dave Witter (Anaxtal LLC)
Joseph Zawodny (NASA, LRC)

Local Organizing Committee:

Dennis Bushnell (NASA, LRC)
Rachel Martin (College of W&M)
Ganapati Myneni (ISOHIM, JLab, VA University Consortium)
Bob Pike (College of W&M)- Chair
Claudia Smith (College of W&M)

E. Merger

Apr 29, 2012, 7:18:42 AM4/29/12
to Memphis Freethought Alliance Public Forum
In the video the link goes to Randi explains how he and Carl Sagan
came to the conclusion that Fleischman and Pons had nothing. Case
closed on cold fusion in 1989. Notice how Randi (and according to
Randi, Sagan) used reason, the scientific method, and, did a serious
investigation, before dismissing Fleischman and Pons as junk science!
It's a good thing they participated in a media campaign, and that
there was such a campaign to shut down nearly all research in this
field. Who knows where we would be now if serious time and money had
been spent on this rubbish?

Enjoy the video and get a good indoctrination, um I mean uh,
education.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BemTGkjl6U

On Apr 29, 5:53 am, "E. Merger" <emer...@gmx.com> wrote:
> Where is James Randi when you need him to set these deluded scientists
> straight? This event is at William and Mary College. They've been
> infected. Call out the brain police before the disease of actually
> doing honest experiments spreads. There should be a law for even
> thinking about things which violate scientific theories. Until we can
> get a law passed, we will have to be content with mocking them,
> discrediting them through "common sense," ruining careers, waging a
> media war, and just plain lying.  Of course this is all being done in
> the public interest and guys like Randi never make a dime. Send money
> now to JREF, to help save the world.
>
> http://www.cvent.com/events/international-low-energy-nuclear-reaction...
>
> Summary
>
> Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) offer the prospect of clean,
> inexpensive, limitless, nonfossil renewable energy. The symposium will
> review LENR's current theoretical and experimental status, including
> updating recent results. Expert panel discussions will evaluate the
> present state of the art and define future directions, including
> establishment of criteria for creating university-based, state-of-the-
> art LENR research and development centers.
>
> http://www.cvent.com/events/international-low-energy-nuclear-reaction...

E. Merger

Apr 29, 2012, 7:34:50 AM4/29/12
to Memphis Freethought Alliance Public Forum
By the way, I did notice that MFA no longer has a link to JREF. When
Martin kept writing that MFA was an educational organization I looked
through the pages.

Clogtowner

Apr 29, 2012, 10:51:27 AM4/29/12
to memphisfreeth...@googlegroups.com
Hi y'all - I don't think LENR claims paranormal assistance so this should be outside of Randi's realm. If LENR claims supernatural power then I'm a teeny bit more skeptical of it.