[Ubuntu 8.04] Installation instructions

Hajo Engelke

Apr 25, 2008, 9:16:08 AM4/25/08
to MAYANNA
You already have Ubuntu 8.04 alias "Hardy Heron"? Then follow these
easy 6 steps (simply copy and paste everything between the "°°") to
get MAYANNA working:

1.
There are some prerequisites that have to be achieved. Doing the
following command will install building tools to make the sourcecode
an executable file:
°°
sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion
°°

2.
Now that's done there are some libraries and tools needed to make
Mayanna functioning correctly (and to make sure to not get any errors
on compiling):
°°
sudo apt-get install python-gnome2-extras libgtk2.0-dev python-gtk2-
dev libgnome-menu-dev libgconf2-dev python-evolution python-libgmail
gnome-common
°°

3.
Next step is to get some Google integration
°°
wget http://mayanna.googlecode.com/files/python-gdata_1.0.11.1-1%7Eppa1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i python-gdata_1.0.11.1-1~ppa1_all.deb
°°

4.
Now we can download the source of MAYANNA:
°°
svn checkout http://mayanna.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ mayanna-read-
only
°°

5.
And build it:
°°
cd mayanna-read-only/
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install
°°

6.
It's done. Right click on the Panel "Add .." -> Mayanna. Have fun.

Thanks to Tom for this instructions (
http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/04/16/mayanna-a-unique-desktop-organizer-for-gnome/
). I modified it a bit (python-gnome2-extras is needed)

einalex

Apr 25, 2008, 1:36:00 PM4/25/08
to MAYANNA
thank you for the effort Hayo!
the files will soon be renamed to mayanna-legacy though.
You might want to update your instructions then.

greetings, alex

Fatman

May 16, 2008, 3:10:37 PM5/16/08
to MAYANNA
On Apr 25, 2:16 pm, Hajo Engelke <regard...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 5.
> And build it:
> °°
> cd mayanna-read-only/
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
> make
> sudo make install
> °°

Awesome. Is there a way to do a debug build? I am not afraid of gdb
and would like to help stomp some bugs. (Random crashes in applet
mode, etc.)