Preparing independent test file

jennifershark

Feb 24, 2010, 12:59:42 PM2/24/10
to Maxent
To All,
Can anyone advise on how to prepare the independent test file?

I am currently getting the following error message:
Skipping "Species" because it has 0 test samples.

I have tried setting up the data in multiple ways. All with the same
error message. I know that the locations are accurate because I have
checked all files in ArcMap and they fall within the same extent of
the study/training data.

1.
Species Long Lat
Species-94.546 27.673
2.
Test Long Lat
Species-94.546 27.673
3.
Species Long Lat
test -94.546 27.673

The problem is I do not know the format required by Maxent for the
independent testing file.
Thank you for your prompt reply,
Jennifer

Hypolite Bayor

Feb 24, 2010, 3:57:22 PM2/24/10
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jennifer,
Make only three colums for the data (species, long and lat) it might work.

Hypolite

Amanda Chunco

Mar 2, 2010, 8:13:18 PM3/2/10
to max...@googlegroups.com
Also make sure your coordinates are in the same projections as your environmental layers - that's where I have gotten that error message before.