Equation placement with MathJax on Wiki site

Mitchell Brown

Oct 2, 2011, 4:35:07 PM10/2/11
to MathJax Users
I'm using MathJax on my wiki for equation representation and it looks
so much better. One thing that I was hoping to get working, though,
is having the equations (\begin{equation}) with left alignment instead
of being centered.

After looking through much documentation, I found the spot that
allegedly governs this placement. I edited mathjax/config/default.js
and changed "displayAlign" from "center" to "left" and also changed
"displayIndent" from "0em" to "2em". After making the changes and
restarting my Apache server, the equations are still centered.

Is there another procedure that would work. I'm not sure what else to
try to get the default placement of my equations to be "left".

Davide P. Cervone

Oct 3, 2011, 4:25:08 PM10/3/11
to mathja...@googlegroups.com

Can you tell us how you are loading MathJax.js? For instance, are you
using something like

<script type="text/javascript" src="mathjax/MathJax.js?
config=default"></script>

or something else? If you don't use config=default, then the default
configuration file won't be used, which is what I suspect is happening.

Davide