Make queue transactional

Krzysztof Kozmic

Aug 11, 2011, 1:35:32 AM8/11/11
to masstransit-discuss
Hi,

I'm just starting with MT, and I'm hitting a wall with seemingly
trivial issue - how to make my queues transactional?

I set sbc.SetCreateTransactionalQueues(true) in my
ServiceBusFactory.New yet I keep getting non-tx queues.

What's the right way of doing this?

Krzysztof

Dru Sellers

Aug 11, 2011, 8:24:21 AM8/11/11
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
What transport?

If can share your bus config that would be helpful.

What version are you using?

-d

Travis Smith

Aug 11, 2011, 8:28:36 AM8/11/11
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
When you configure the queues, you can also override the default by
adding "?tx=true" to the end of the URI. If the queue already exists
that override won't help, so you need to delete everything and begin
again.

-Travis

Krzysztof Koźmic

Aug 11, 2011, 8:31:58 AM8/11/11
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dru,

MSMQ,

config is something along the lines of:
http://docs.masstransit-project.com/en/latest/configuration/quickstart.html
with the only two differences being I use Windsor integration to pull
the message consumers and I have the call to

sbc.SetCreateTransactionalQueues(true)

I ran that on the version form the website (2.0.0.2) but I also tried on
the version from build server with the same outcome.

Cheers,
Krzysztof

Dru Sellers

Krzysztof Koźmic

Aug 11, 2011, 5:23:27 PM8/11/11
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
I did remove them. Didn't restart Windows afterwards though (if that's what you mean), just killed my app and ran again.

I'll try that today.

cheers,
Krzysztof

On Aug 11, 2011, at 12:35 AM, Krzysztof Kozmic<krzyszto...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Hi,

I'm just starting with MT, and I'm hitting a wall with seemingly
trivial issue - how to make my queues transactional?

I set sbc.SetCreateTransactionalQueues(true) in my
ServiceBusFactory.New yet I keep getting non-tx queues.

What's the right way of doing this?

Krzysztof

Krzysztof Koźmic

Nik Govorov

Aug 11, 2011, 6:20:26 PM8/11/11
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

It seems current version(develop) of MT ignores:
sbc.SetCreateTransactionlQueues(true);

And as Travis said, this one creates transactionl queues:

sbc.ReceiveFrom("msmq://localhost/test_queue?tx=true");

Travis Smith

Aug 11, 2011, 8:07:37 PM8/11/11
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
It's possible that's regression, the transport code got an overhaul.
Drop an issue in github (https://github.com/MassTransit/MassTransit)
and we'll try and get this tacked down.

-Travis

> --