M101 and M103 Gcode commands HEEELP

Daniel Joseph

Jun 29, 2011, 1:17:34 AM6/29/11
to MakerBot Operators
what can I do to repg to make it NOT add the M101 and M103 commands to
my gcode? These two commands really mess up my extrusion and when I
delete them from the code in repg by hand the print works great. What
little file or setting can I change so repg will not have Skienforge
add these two lines throughout the gcode?

Thanks soo much!!!

The Ruttmeister

Jun 29, 2011, 1:38:17 AM6/29/11
to MakerBot Operators
Sorry, you want to stop SF from adding the M101 (start extruding) and
M103 (stop extruding) commands?

You have serious problems my friend if those commands are messing up
your prints.

As far as I know you can't get rid of them.
Unless you mean commands in the start.gcode or end.gcode files.
Please explain, are you really going through the entire gcode file and
deleting every single extrusion command?

Whosawhatsis

Jun 29, 2011, 6:43:43 AM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
Starting and stopping extrusion is essential to the way skeinforge
works. If starting and stopping extrusion is causing problems for you,
you've probably got mechanical problems that you need to deal with...
either that or you're just running too hot. Could you post some
pictures of the bad prints you get with the M101 and M103 codes left
in?

Ross Mosshart

Jun 29, 2011, 7:57:43 AM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
It works perfectly AFTER you take those M codes out? How? That's effectively lobotomizing it...

Andrew Plumb

Jun 29, 2011, 8:18:04 AM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
Taking a step back, which machine is having the problems? Your cupcake or your Mendel or some other machine? What filament material and diameter? +1 the request to share pictures to better define "really mess up".

It could be as simple as your Reversal settings need to be tuned (or turned off) for the particulars of your machine.

Andrew.

> --

"The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/

Daniel Joseph

Jun 29, 2011, 12:41:14 PM6/29/11
to MakerBot Operators
Thank you all for your help. I am trying to get repg to work with my
Mendel. I skienforge alone to create gcode and paste that gcode into
repsnapper and it prints well. I can connect to my mendel with repg so
I figure since I can creat gcode with skienforge alone, I would be
able to create gcode with repg/skienforge and print from repg.

For some reason when I creat gcode from just Skienforge (40) alone it
creates very good working mendel code (without M101 and M103 commands.
but when I use skienforge in repg it always adds M101 and M103 which
makes the extruder freak out...

Any thoughts? Thanks again!!!

ddurant

Jun 29, 2011, 12:49:25 PM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
Does one version have Dimension enabled and the other version not have it enabled? I think M101/M103 aren't needed with 5D machines since the G1 commands contain extrusion length. They shouldn't be hurting anything, though.

If you really want to pull them out, the easiest thing will be to comment them out via the replace.csv file. Not sure how that works in the repg-integrated skeinforge, though.

Whosawhatsis

Jun 29, 2011, 12:55:42 PM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
Oh, so I take it you're not even using makerbot firmware. Which
firmware are you using? A 5D firmware probably doesn't need them, in
which case you can create an replace.csv file the your alterations
file for your skeinforge profile to remove them. The following should
do the trick:

M101 ;M101
M103 ;M103

Whosawhatsis

Jun 29, 2011, 12:59:11 PM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
...in which case you can create a replace.csv file the the alterations
folder for your skeinforge profile to remove them...

I really need to re-read a sentence after I decide the change the
wording half-way through.

Daniel Joseph

Jun 29, 2011, 2:27:04 PM6/29/11
to MakerBot Operators
What would the csv file look like. Do I put M101 and M103 in cells 1A
and 2B and ;M101 and ;M103 in cells 1B and 2B? Thanks soo much!

ddurant

Jun 29, 2011, 2:29:29 PM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
Don't use excel (or whatever) to create them.. Just use notepad (or whatever plain text editor you like) to put these 2 lines in a file named replace.csv:

M101 ;M101
M103 ;M103

That will tell skeinforge to say ";M101" whenever it sees M101. The leading ; turns it into a comment line.

Daniel Joseph

Jun 29, 2011, 2:47:52 PM6/29/11
to MakerBot Operators
Thanks for all the help, I have added that replace file and I still
see M101 and M103 (without semicolins dinoting they have been
commented out) in the gcode.... hmmm Any other thoughts?

Whosawhatsis

Jun 29, 2011, 3:05:46 PM6/29/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you're using them in the copy of the profile that is
actually being used. It's not the one in the ReplicatorG folder. If
you're on a *nix system (including OS X) it should be in
~/.replicatorg. If you're on windows, I think it will be somewhere in
your documents folder.

Will

Jun 30, 2011, 10:09:47 AM6/30/11
to MakerBot Operators
Also, make sure that it's a tab and not a space between M101 and ;M101
(and M103 and ;M103).

Daniel Joseph

Jul 5, 2011, 9:54:09 PM7/5/11
to MakerBot Operators
Excellent all these suggestions worked great thank you all!

I am getting this string of gcode at the beginning of my file and it
makes the mendel move around for a bit then it gets to the rest of the
gcode and prints great. Any idea what this is? and How I can
automatically get rid of it?

M105
M113 S1.0
M108 S700.0
G1 X52.0 Y-57.0 Z10.0 F60.0
G1 X52.0 Y-55.0 F3000.0
G1 X52.0 Y-30.0
G1 X51.4 Y-29.88 Z0.0 F60.1118
G1 X-102.12 Y1.92 F3000.0
G1 X-102.72 Y2.05
G1 F798.0
G1 E0.0
G1 F3000.0

Z LeHericy

Jul 6, 2011, 12:48:32 AM7/6/11
to make...@googlegroups.com
That looks like wipe code, check SF to make sure "wipe" is turned off, and check start.gcode to make sure that the code's not in there...

-Zeno LeHericy

//((=:Z:=))\\
INVENTIONS
Technologies
zinventions.com

Daniel Joseph

Jul 9, 2011, 2:56:55 PM7/9/11
to MakerBot Operators
I am getting less of the above code by turning "wipe" off. I dont have
anything like it in my start.gocde file either. The below is what I am
getting now: Any other thoughts to have this automatically omitted?
Also is there a way to have skienforge always export the gcode to my
desktop rather than the folder the STL is in? Thanks!!!

M105
M113 S1.0
M108 S475.0
G1 X-4.0 Y-0.14 Z0.0 F60.0