SCTP

Randall Stewart

Jun 30, 2006, 12:39:33 PM6/30/06
Hi all:

The following link:

http://www.sctp.org/cvs_diff_6_30.bz2

Will get you a large patch that you can apply to Current that
will add SCTP.

Its a bzip2 patch file since it is so large :-D

It includes the changes to a few base files.. and mainly
its the complete files diff'd against this mornings
current cvs...

Yes, I know that the build is broken in acpi/acpi_asus
but the sctp code did compile and build a kernel for
me... so once the above is fixed.. you should be able
to use the patch and check it out :-D

Oh, you will need to add

option SCTP

to your kernel conf... and it might not
hurt to do a make sysent in sys/kern

I will prepare a seperate file for the overall libsctp.a
once I figure out where it should go :-D

Happy SCTPing.. and if you have any
problems with the patch please send me an email :-D

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222 (cell)

g...@freebsd.org

Jul 1, 2006, 5:10:57 AM7/1/06
At Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:36:10 -0400,

randall wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> The following link:
>
> http://www.sctp.org/cvs_diff_6_30.bz2
>
> Will get you a large patch that you can apply to Current that will
> add SCTP.
>
> Its a bzip2 patch file since it is so large :-D
>
> It includes the changes to a few base files.. and mainly its the
> complete files diff'd against this mornings current cvs...
>
> Yes, I know that the build is broken in acpi/acpi_asus but the sctp
> code did compile and build a kernel for me... so once the above is
> fixed.. you should be able to use the patch and check it out :-D
>
> Oh, you will need to add
>
> option SCTP
>
> to your kernel conf... and it might not
> hurt to do a make sysent in sys/kern
>
> I will prepare a seperate file for the overall libsctp.a
> once I figure out where it should go :-D
>
> Happy SCTPing.. and if you have any problems with the patch please
> send me an email :-D

And please start testing this because many of us want to integrate
this in the near future :-)

Thanks,
George

Yann Berthier

Jul 1, 2006, 2:30:40 PM7/1/06

Hello,

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, at 12:36, Randall Stewart wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> The following link:
>
> http://www.sctp.org/cvs_diff_6_30.bz2
>
> Will get you a large patch that you can apply to Current that
> will add SCTP.

Pilot error ? freshly cvsuped src, patch applied cleanly,
made sysent, and:

linking kernel.debug
uipc_syscalls.o(.text+0x47c8): In function `sctp_peeloff':
/usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_syscalls.c:2239: undefined reference to
`sctp_can_peel_off'
uipc_syscalls.o(.text+0x49c2):/usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_syscalls.c:2276:
undefined reference to `sctp_do_peeloff'
uipc_syscalls.o(.text+0x4cd7): In function `sctp_generic_sendmsg':
/usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_syscalls.c:2379: undefined reference to
`sctp_lower_sosend'
uipc_syscalls.o(.text+0x506c): In function `sctp_generic_recvmsg':
/usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_syscalls.c:2501: undefined reference to
`sctp_sorecvmsg'
rtsock.o(.text+0x1799): In function `rt_newaddrmsg':
/usr/src/sys/net/rtsock.c:879: undefined reference to `sctp_addr_change'
in_proto.o(.data+0xa8): undefined reference to `sctp_input'
in_proto.o(.data+0xb0): undefined reference to `sctp_ctlinput'
in_proto.o(.data+0xb4): undefined reference to `sctp_ctloutput'
in_proto.o(.data+0xbc): undefined reference to `sctp_init'
in_proto.o(.data+0xc8): undefined reference to `sctp_drain'
[...]

bummer that, testing sctp seemed like an interesting thing for a
sunny saturday evening :)

many thanks for your work,

- yan

Randall Stewart

Jul 2, 2006, 7:39:19 AM7/2/06
Yann:

Sorry for the delay.. I would have responded quicker
but we have company for this long weekend in the US :-D

This is definetly a pilot error on my part.. but I can't
figure out how... it appears (in the patch) that all the
files are there...

But.. I am wondering..

in your source

netinet/
and
netinet6/

directory.. if you do a

ls sctp*

do you see anything?

All of these functions are in the sctp_xxx.c files.. all of
which, in order to get CVS to even recognize them for patching,
I had to do a

touch sctp_xxx*

The files are:
--->cd sys/netinet
--->ls sctp*
sctp.h sctp_hashdriver.h sctp_sack.h
sctp6_usrreq.c sctp_header.h sctp_sha1.c
sctp6_var.h sctp_indata.c sctp_sha1.h
sctp_asconf.c sctp_indata.h sctp_structs.h
sctp_asconf.h sctp_input.c sctp_timer.c
sctp_auth.c sctp_input.h sctp_timer.h
sctp_auth.h sctp_output.c sctp_uio.h
sctp_constants.h sctp_output.h sctp_usrreq.c
sctp_crc32.c sctp_pcb.c sctp_var.h
sctp_crc32.h sctp_pcb.h sctputil.c
sctp_handlesack.c sctp_peeloff.c sctputil.h
sctp_hashdriver.c sctp_peeloff.h

--->cd ../netinet6
--->ls sctp*
sctp6_usrreq.c sctp6_var.h

Hmm I am wondering if perhaps if no files are present the patch
stuff won't work??? Maybe I should have sent out a tarball of the
sctp files and a patch file for all the kernel stuff???

Let me know I am a bit confused by this.. sigh..

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222 (cell)

Yann Berthier

Jul 2, 2006, 10:34:43 AM7/2/06
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006, at 07:37, Randall Stewart wrote:

> Yann:
>
> Sorry for the delay.. I would have responded quicker
> but we have company for this long weekend in the US :-D

no problem really

> This is definetly a pilot error on my part..

ok never mind: it was a pilot error on my side, but it's all your
fault: I had to include INET6 and the build went fine. Please, say
me that this is a temporary measure :)

thanks,

- yan