Director Player Error >> Does the .INI file exist >> OS9

Nick

Jan 23, 2003, 10:01:17 AM1/23/03
HI,

I'm testing my OS9 player and i get a error on startup.

"Director Player Error
Unable te load movie playlist. Does the .INI file exist? It must contain
a section'[Movies]' with an entry 'Movie01=Pathname.dir'.

I can only find a 1 webpage adressing this issue, written bij Chuck but
i can't acces that mailinglist, nor is the issue resolved in that post.

I made the projector with Dir MX
and try to play it on a powermac 7300 OS 9.0

Nick Gordon
Netherlands

Nick

Jan 23, 2003, 10:31:40 AM1/23/03

I addition.. I found this on http://www.updatestage.com/buglist.html
>"
>Under Win95,98,ME if you try to launch a projector that is on a
mounted >NTFS drive, via Virtual PC, it doesn't run and displays the
>following message:

>Unable to load movie playlist. Does the INI file exist? It must

contain >a section '[Movies]' with an entry 'Movie01=Pathname.dir'

>Not surprising since these OS's don't support NTFS directly, but other
>apps do run off an NTFS drive, so it probably has something to do with
>the kind of app the projector is. (Win95,98,ME)
>"

Mind, I am on a Mac...
Anyway I now dropped the files on the harddisk and added 40 Mb of memory
to it.

I now get an Type 3 error but it tries to start.

This looks like a bug ??

Nick

Glenn Reginalde

Jan 23, 2003, 11:28:47 AM1/23/03
Hi Nick,

The error that you're getting is rather uncommon. It can happen for a
variety of reasons - some of the reasons include missing linked files, long
file names, opening projectors from a remote server and even installation
issues. We'll try to give you a few tips on addressing this issue:
1. Keep your filenames, folder names and volume names (for CD's) short and
simple. Make sure that the filenames that link movie to movie don't have
long file names with spaces.
2. Make sure that your linked files are all exactly where they need to be
and make use of unique filenames.
3. If possible, create all projectors and project hierarchies locally.

Lastly, you need to double-check if your 7300 box is up to the task-- we
recommend at least a G3 for projector playback. Check out the
authoring/playback requirements here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/playback_requirement
s.htm

Hope this helps.