Constitution Update

Russ Garrett

Sep 30, 2012, 6:39:48 PM9/30/12
to London Hack Space
As several people pointed out a few days ago, our existing Articles of
Association (the governing document of London Hackspace) still
contains a lot of outdated references to us being a charity.

The reason for this is fairly simple: we abandoned our attempt to
become a charity in January, and we can only change our Articles at a
general meeting, which we haven't had yet. (The date of the next AGM
will be in October or November, and will be announced shortly.)

To that end, I've started re-drafting the Articles of Association. You
can see the diff here:

https://github.com/londonhackspace/documentation/compare/constitution-2012

And an updated PDF is here:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/articles-2012.pdf?w=1812544b

Questions and comments are gratefully accepted.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Nigel Worsley

Sep 30, 2012, 7:18:47 PM9/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The link to the PDF version doesn't work, it implies I need to log in to Dropbox to see it
but is doesn't help if I do.

Nigle

Paul Randle-Jolliffe

Sep 30, 2012, 8:39:55 PM9/30/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
one comment

the members have a liability of £1, not sure this is specified when people join, i understand this is normal but maybe others do not

unless of course £1 has been set aside from members fees as being this, ie they are paid up

fundamentaly this is either

1. a book keeping exercise
or
2. a need for notification
--
Paul Randle-Jolliffe Esq
Practicing Principal (Lay Advocate & Public Interest Intervener)

"Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all."     Edmund Burke

Warning: This message is for the named recipient only. Dissemination prohibited without prior written authorisation. If you are not the named recipient, please disregard this entire message, inform the sender then destroy.

This message may contain material or opinion that does not necessarily reflect the policy or opinion of the parent organisation, Patrocinium Interventus . Copyright (C) 2010 Patrocinium Interventus.

Russ Garrett

Oct 1, 2012, 3:20:33 AM10/1/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 1 October 2012 00:18, Nigel Worsley <nig...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Sorry, copied the wrong link. It's here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1909920/articles-2012.pdf

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk