Brighton makerfaire - call for volunteers

tom

Jul 11, 2011, 6:41:54 AM7/11/11
to London Hackspace
I've started a wiki for the Brighton MF this year:

http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Brighton_makerfaire

and we need people to volunteer to come along!

Were working out the physical setup at the moment but essentially we
need to take some projects with us that we can show off. I'll bring my
kinect and run some silly things with that, but more "ZOMG FLASHIES"
projects would be cool.

Even if you cant make it yourself I'll happily take projects along for
you

Earthshine

Jul 11, 2011, 8:45:20 AM7/11/11
to London Hackspace
Tom,

I've applied for a stall to sell kits. But I think its unlikely I will
be given this as there are no doubt plenty of people asking for the
same thing. So, if I don't get it i'd be happy to help out.

Mike

Andy "Bob" Brockhurst

Aug 16, 2011, 7:19:51 AM8/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
What are people's plans for MFB?

I'm probably going to go down on the Friday afternoon and stay over.
I also need to leave on the Saturday at about 15:30 :-(

Bob
--
a.k.a b3cft/Andy
Andy "Bob" Brockhurst mailto:andy.br...@b3cft.com

tom

Aug 16, 2011, 7:51:58 AM8/16/11
to London Hackspace
None as yet. I'll nag people tonight about volunteering for it

I'll probably be going down there friday night for DRINKING TIMES

On Aug 16, 12:19 pm, "Andy \"Bob\" Brockhurst"
<andrew.brockhu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What are people's plans for MFB?
>
> I'm probably going to go down on the Friday afternoon and stay over.
> I also need to leave on the Saturday at about 15:30 :-(
>
> Bob
> --
> a.k.a b3cft/Andy
> Andy "Bob" Brockhurst                mailto:andy.brockhu...@b3cft.com
> [mob] +44 (0)7790 499034                              [twitter] b3cfthttp://kingkludge.net/                       [yahoo] abrockhurst2000
>                                                 [skype] andybrockhurst

Earthshine

Aug 16, 2011, 8:21:57 AM8/16/11
to London Hackspace
Bob,

I'm going up Friday also and staying overnight. I'll also be staying
overSaturday night as there is a piss-up afterwards.

I'll be setting up my own stall but I am willing to assist others once
I'm done, as it won't take long.

Mike

Russ Garrett

Aug 16, 2011, 8:23:35 AM8/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on coming down on the Friday but I don't have anywhere to
stay. Any recommendations (I've left it a bit late)?

Russ

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Andy "Bob" Brockhurst

Aug 16, 2011, 8:44:52 AM8/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yeah,
also need place to stay and haven't booked anything.

Bob
--
a.k.a b3cft/Andy

Andy "Bob" Brockhurst mailto:andy.br...@b3cft.com

[mob] +44 (0)7790 499034 [twitter] b3cft
http://kingkludge.net/ [yahoo] abrockhurst2000
[skype] andybrockhurst

Mike Pountney

Aug 16, 2011, 8:50:14 AM8/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Don't forget that we've booked the Skiff (BuildBrighton's current home - http://theskiff.org ) from the friday night to the sunday morning for 'MakerCamp' if you need it - and a BB member will be on site at all times if you need access to any of the hackspace resources.

Andy "Bob" Brockhurst

Aug 16, 2011, 9:18:03 AM8/16/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm staying here now.
http://www.cosmopolitan1brighton.co.uk/

Their site says two night stay min., but http://www.bookdirectrooms.com/
allowed me to book a single night stay.

Earthshine

Aug 17, 2011, 4:10:29 AM8/17/11
to London Hackspace
Mike, what exactly is "Makercamp" ?

Mike Pountney

Aug 17, 2011, 5:18:10 AM8/17/11
On 17 Aug 2011, at 09:10, Earthshine wrote:

Mike, what exactly is "Makercamp" ?

Officially it's an invite-only tandem event with the Maker Faire where a bunch (realistically about 20) of the makers can work overnight doing any last minute fixing of their stuff, and then post-event can work overnight with makers from around the country on New Things. You'll have access to all BuildBrighton's kit - laser, logic analyser, 'scopes, soldering stations, component library...

We've booked the space (http://theskiff.org) from 6pm Friday to 11am Sunday.

There will be quiet corners and comfy bean bags, so if anyone needs a snooze then that is more than possible - same deal as most BarCamp's really.

I'll set something up in EventBrite so I can gauge how many folk are planning to attend. I know a few of the NottingHACKers are going to be there for the duration.

Matt Lloyd

Aug 17, 2011, 6:12:37 AM8/17/11
to London Hackspace
Hi Mike

I think there is going to be 3 of us from Nottinghack looking for a
bit of floor ;)
Ill try and check numbers tonight.

Matt

Adrian Godwin

Aug 31, 2011, 5:59:26 AM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Is there still likely to be a bit of floor spare here ? And do I qualify if I help on hackspace's stand ?

-adrian

Mike Pountney

Aug 31, 2011, 6:25:54 AM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'll let the official rep of London Hackspace's Maker Stand - Tom Bollocksock - decide who is on the list for MakerCamp. Max 4 spots for LHS, space is limited :)

tom

Aug 31, 2011, 9:34:49 AM8/31/11
to London Hackspace
first come first served :)

On Aug 31, 11:25 am, Mike Pountney <mike.pount...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll let the official rep of London Hackspace's Maker Stand - Tom Bollocksock - decide who is on the list for MakerCamp. Max 4 spots for LHS, space is limited :)
>
> On 31 Aug 2011, at 10:59, Adrian Godwin wrote:
>

> > Is there still likely to be a bit of floor spare here ? And do I qualify if I help on hackspace's stand ?
>
> > -adrian

Adrian Godwin

Aug 31, 2011, 9:47:35 AM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'll take one then please :-) Saturday night definitely, friday night if it's easy.
And is there anything I can bring to help with the stand ?

-adrian

Ken Boak

Aug 31, 2011, 9:51:35 AM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Adrian

Can you bring any spare Nanodes please.

I have a feeling we might run a little low

Ken

Adrian Godwin

Aug 31, 2011, 9:58:26 AM8/31/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yes, will do.

-adrian

tom

Aug 31, 2011, 10:01:47 AM8/31/11
to London Hackspace
i'll have a space as well then, friday and saturday ok?

On Aug 31, 2:58 pm, Adrian Godwin <artgod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, will do.
>
> -adrian
>

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Ken Boak <ken.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Adrian
>
> > Can you bring any spare Nanodes please.
>
> > I have a feeling we might run a little low
>
> > Ken
>
> > On 31 August 2011 14:47, Adrian Godwin <artgod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I'll take one then please :-) Saturday night definitely, friday night if
> >> it's easy.
> >> And is there anything I can bring to help with the stand ?
>
> >> -adrian

Will Pearson

Aug 31, 2011, 10:22:39 AM8/31/11
to London Hackspace
I'll claim a space for Saturday, if that is okay.

Will

tom

Aug 31, 2011, 12:25:15 PM8/31/11
to London Hackspace
well thats two places taken, i'll steal the third. Any takes for the
4th?