Final server hardware sales

Robert Leverington

Jul 3, 2011, 7:33:33 AM7/3/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We now have just 17 servers left in the server hardware auction project.

Six of these are confirmed to be working. We intend to sell these to
members at a price of �60 each. You can see the full list on the wiki
[1]. Please get in touch with me if you want to buy one, these will be
sold on a first come first serve basis. Of course, feel free to try
before you buy - let me know and I will reserve it for you.

We are keeping one of the remaining ones (C1), which is the netboot box
and may be useful for the new hardware auction being run by Martin Klang.

The remaining 10 [2] are either in an unknown or non-working state.
These are free to any members who want to get them working or strip them
for parts. We also have a variety of spare bits that may be useful in
getting them running again. If you do take any or manage to get them
working a donation to the hackspace would be kind. Any that remain
before the space open day at the end of July will be donated to the
skip, unless anyone is interested in organising transport to a charity
that accept broken servers.

Thanks once again to all the people who have helped out with this
project, in particular to Martin and Jasper.

Regards,
Robert

[1] http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Project:ServerHardwareAuction/Servers#Processed
[2] http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Project:ServerHardwareAuction/Servers#Under_review

Robert Leverington

Jul 11, 2011, 12:19:36 PM7/11/11
On 2011-07-03, Robert Leverington wrote:
> Six of these are confirmed to be working. We intend to sell these to
> members at a price of �60 each. You can see the full list on the wiki
> [1]. Please get in touch with me if you want to buy one, these will be
> sold on a first come first serve basis. Of course, feel free to try
> before you buy - let me know and I will reserve it for you.

As there has been no interest in this I will be listing them on eBay
tomorrow, please let me know before then if you want one.

> The remaining 10 [2] are either in an unknown or non-working state.
> These are free to any members who want to get them working or strip them
> for parts. We also have a variety of spare bits that may be useful in
> getting them running again. If you do take any or manage to get them
> working a donation to the hackspace would be kind. Any that remain
> before the space open day at the end of July will be donated to the
> skip, unless anyone is interested in organising transport to a charity
> that accept broken servers.

None of these appear to have been touched, so from tomorrow I'm going to
start stripping out any valuable components (RAM, RAID cards) from them
and begin throwing them in the skip.

Robert

Stefan

Jul 30, 2011, 3:10:57 AM7/30/11
to London Hackspace
Am I assuming correctly that all servers have been sold?

http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Project:ServerHardwareAuction/Servers#For_sale
- "FOR SALE" section is empty now (30 July).

If yes then congrats for cleaning some space! :)

Billy

Jul 30, 2011, 3:19:27 AM7/30/11
to London Hackspace

One of them is still plugged into the Stratasys. Please let me know
when you need it.

From the broken machines, after they'd been stripped, i realised that
they still had the rails attached. I removed them and stuck the rails
in the box with the others. IIRC, just the rails on their own, go for
around £30 or so.

Whether these are in a sale-able state or not is another question...