[lojban] Re: zi'o in CLL

Robert LeChevalier

Feb 16, 2003, 1:00:59 PM2/16/03
to loj...@yahoogroups.com
At 09:27 PM 2/15/03 -0500, Morphem...@wmconnect.com wrote:
>In CLL chapter 7:15 (p. 163) it says "... lujvo involving "zi'o" are ...
>fully discussed in Chapter 12."
>
>The index points only to pp. 157 and 163, both in Chapter 7. Where in
>Chapter 12 is "zi'o" mentioned at all?

Late in the game of writing the book, Cowan edited out several sections of
the lujvo chapter (which was originally an independent paper written by
Nick Nicholas), because of much controversy. The original paper, which
discusses zi'o, can be found on the Lojban web page at
http://www.lojban.org/files/papers/lujvopap.3

lojbab

--
lojbab loj...@lojban.org
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273

Morphem...@wmconnect.com

Feb 15, 2003, 9:27:28 PM2/15/03
to loj...@yahoogroups.com
In CLL chapter 7:15 (p. 163) it says "... lujvo involving "zi'o" are ... fully discussed in Chapter 12."

The index points only to pp. 157 and 163, both in Chapter 7.  Where in Chapter 12 is "zi'o" mentioned at all?

Steven Lytle
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Pierre Abbat

Feb 15, 2003, 10:12:33 PM2/15/03
to loj...@yahoogroups.com
On Sunday 16 February 2003 03:27, Morphem...@wmconnect.com wrote:
> In CLL chapter 7:15 (p. 163) it says "... lujvo involving "zi'o" are ...
> fully discussed in Chapter 12."
>
> The index points only to pp. 157 and 163, both in Chapter 7. Where in
> Chapter 12 is "zi'o" mentioned at all?

None that I find in the downloaded edition. But here are some examples:
zildatni: x1 is data gathered/produced by method x2. Use this word when you
are talking about data in the information-theoretic sense, when you measure
it in kilobytes, transmit it, compress and expand it, but don't care whether
it means anything at all.
zilcmi: x1 is a set. le kunti zilcmi na selcmi.
Anyone have some more?

phma
--
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do