[lojban] Re: ca zi'o

Robin Lee Powell

Feb 14, 2005, 1:43:52 AM2/14/05
to lojba...@lojban.org
On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 08:25:51PM -0800, Theodore Reed wrote:
> <kpreid> Hm. Does the term {ca zi'o} mean something, or is it a
> no-op?

I'm going to call that a no-op. It adds a place, and then fills it
with the "ignore this place" marker.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/

Theodore Reed

Feb 13, 2005, 11:25:51 PM2/13/05
to lojba...@lojban.org
<kpreid> Hm. Does the term {ca zi'o} mean something, or is it a no-op?
<bancus> concurrent with nothing
<bancus> I'd interpret it as being the same effectively as noroi
<bancus> although perhaps a bit stronger
<kpreid> ?!
<kpreid> If anything, it should mean "independent of time"
<bancus> how can something be independent of time?
<kpreid> li pa su'i ri du li ci ca zi'o
<kpreid> zi'o is *not* noda.
<bancus> co roda
<bancus> er
<bancus> ca
<bancus> zi'o is not noda, indeed
<bancus> but it effectively erases the possibility of it being ca
<bancus> in my book, that means the same thing as never
<bancus> besides there's a word that means "for all time"

What are your opinions?

mu'omi'e labancus

signature.asc