Pleas help me. (File attach in Pdf )

Raghu

Jan 21, 2008, 4:54:08 AM1/21/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
I am new to Adobe Live cycle Designer..

I want to put a browse button if i click the button Javascript Window
should open if i select the file that file should attach to the Pdf..

If i open the file in Acrobat professional the window will opens i can
choose the file and attach to the PDF its working....
But If i opened in Adobe Reader 8.1 the window is not
opening.......... I am Facing this Problem Pleas Help me....

Can u check the code what i am using is proper or not...

i am using this code :

*************************************************Starts
here***********************************************

function other(AttachmentList,Attachment_C,Hidden_L)
{
var myDoc = event.target;

// Retrieve internal attachment names (items[1])
var nItems1 =
resolveNode(AttachmentList).resolveNodes("#items[1].#text[*]");
var count = nItems1.length;

// Check if an attachment slot is available
var available = false;
var attach_index = 0;
var i;

var sFile = "290"+attach_index;
myDoc.importDataObject(sFile);

// Attach the file
var myDataObject = myDoc.getDataObject(sFile);
var fileName = myDataObject.path;
var fileType=fileName.substring(fileName.lastIndexOf("."));

// addItem() takes 2 parameters
// The first one is the display name
// The second is the returned value (rawValue) when the display name
is selected
// We will use the unique internal name as the second value
resolveNode(AttachmentList).addItem(fileName, sFile);
// We also need to add these 2 values to the hidden list
if (resolveNode(Hidden_L).rawValue)
resolveNode(Hidden_L).rawValue += ":" + fileName + ":" + sFile;
else
resolveNode(Hidden_L).rawValue = fileName + ":" + sFile;

if (resolveNode(Attachment_C).rawValue != "NoAttach")
resolveNode(Attachment_C).rawValue += "," + sFile + ".pdf";
else
resolveNode(Attachment_C).rawValue = sFile + ".pdf";

}
*************************************************Ends
here***********************************************

regards
Raghu

Duane Nickull

Jan 21, 2008, 12:21:30 PM1/21/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Raghu:

It only works with Acrobat or a Reader enabled file. Reader can't
modify a PDF unless the file is extended for Reader.

Duane

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html

Raghu

Jan 22, 2008, 1:14:33 AM1/22/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the immediate response,

Can you please tell how to extend file to Reader from LifeCycle
Designer.

Thanks & Regards
Raghu

On Jan 21, 10:21 pm, Duane Nickull <dnick...@adobe.com> wrote:
> Raghu:
>
> It only works with Acrobat or a Reader enabled file. Reader can't
> modify a PDF unless the file is extended for Reader.
>
> Duane

Keishichi Hayashi

Jan 22, 2008, 1:46:38 AM1/22/08
to live...@googlegroups.com
Raghu

You should buy LiveCycle Reader Extensions license to exted your PDF.
http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/readerextensions/

Keishichi

Duane Nickull

Jan 22, 2008, 1:08:49 PM1/22/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
No - this is not true. Since he'll just be using the commenting features,
he should be able to Reader enable his PDFs with Acrobat Pro. Choose
Advanced > Enable User Rights In Adobe Reader.

Duane

Dave Venance

Jan 22, 2008, 7:34:35 PM1/22/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Keep in mind that there is a limitation to the number of user that you
can share this PDF with. The Acrobat license I believe will only
allow you to share that document with 500 users (you will want to
check this). If you need to share the document with more than this
(ie: putting it on the internet for anyone), you will have to go the
LiveCycle Reader Extension route.