Getting user Info from 2 Active Directory

renjith vijayan

Nov 4, 2010, 5:41:50 AM11/4/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Is it possible to configure Livecycle ES2 server to get User Info from two different Active directory.   ?

For example :

 Id , email info from one active directory
 and Id , phone no from a different directory.

thanks in advance for your time and support.
--
Renjith Vijayan

Tarek Faham

Nov 4, 2010, 8:51:40 AM11/4/10
to live...@googlegroups.com

This is very good question. I was looking for somthing similar.
Tarek
                          or over the web

Nithyanandam Dharmadass

Nov 4, 2010, 11:49:59 AM11/4/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
I don't think this is possible. You can synchronize active directory attributes instead.

Nith

Regards,
Nith

The maximum strength of a chain is the strength of its' weakest link.

robphelan

Nov 4, 2010, 12:07:45 PM11/4/10
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Most of our AD services are exposed, so if I needed to access
different ADs it's pretty easy to import the web services for each and
call them separately.

On Nov 4, 4:41 am, renjith vijayan <renjithvijayan2...@gmail.com>

renjith vijayan

Nov 5, 2010, 1:39:55 PM11/5/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all .....

Renjith Vijayan

Amit Pugalia

Nov 5, 2010, 2:56:03 PM11/5/10
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
You can always create multiple Directoy providers in a single
Enterprise Domain.
i.e. 1st Directory provider will fetch User's id and email Info from
LDAP Server X.
and 2nd Directory provider will fetch User's Id and phone number from
LDAP Server Y.

But there are two problems here,
1. Since they are 2 different LDAP servers, hence the Canonical name
will be different which means that you'll have 2 different Users but
with same details.
2. Since you want same user but from 2 LDAPs, I presume you expect the
UserId to remain unchanged. In that case, the User from LDAP X will be
synced fine but the one from LDAP Y will have his userId mangled
because you can't have 2 Users with same UserId in 1 single Domain.
3. You can however have 2 Users with same UserId residing in different
Domains. In that case, while authentication any one from either of the
domains may get picked up and get authenticated. The simple reason
being we don't pass domain name along with user Id on UI, which is why
there's no mechanism to tell which user is expected.

Thanks,
Amit Pugalia.