Postfix as Relay Server (No local mailbox)

sudhir

Oct 20, 2010, 6:33:43 PM10/20/10
I want to setup Postfix as relay server for few domains.
(Eg. function same like ISP Mail Server)

This server does not have local mailbox, client mail server connect
to this server, Authenticates then clients should be able to relay
mails through this server.

I tried few examples, but was not able to setup the same.

Need links to documents, or example main.cf

Thanks
Sudhir

skhohlov

Oct 21, 2010, 9:13:18 AM10/21/10

Install Postix with SASL support. In this case user auth canbe
enabled.

sudhir

Oct 21, 2010, 10:35:53 AM10/21/10

I have installed postfix with SASL

its accepting mails localy for virtual domain, but it not suppose to
accept mail for the domain (example.com) locally, after SASL Auth, it
should send all mails using DNS, MX

skhohlov

Oct 22, 2010, 2:26:13 AM10/22/10

value of mydestination please.
Also I hope you have disabled virtual domain maps...