Data recovery from Raw HDD

Harshal Kirtane

Dec 3, 2009, 8:39:51 AM12/3/09
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,

   I have 160GB HDD having 4 partitions.  I have deleted boot partition when I had WinXP. Unfortunately all other partitions vanished.
Now my Hard disk is equivalent to Raw HDD. Do u know how to recover the data stored on other partitions?
I dont have backup of that! ..........pls help !!!

Abhay Saxena

Dec 3, 2009, 8:56:24 AM12/3/09
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
Dear .

Use get data back software to get ur data....it is awalable on net .
If u will not find the software tell me...

Regards
Abhay

Abhay Saxena

John Ohm

Dec 3, 2009, 9:01:57 AM12/3/09
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
What format are the other partitions? How did you remove the XP
partition? You could try booting from a live linux CD/DVD (ubuntu for
example) and use that to access the other partitions.

Abhay Saxena

Dec 3, 2009, 9:05:48 AM12/3/09
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
dear i think all the partition is FAT,....if it is dual boot then don't do it..
--
Abhay Saxena

Daniel Eggleston

Dec 3, 2009, 9:29:37 AM12/3/09
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
http://linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2006/08/31/lessons-of-knoppix-recovery.html?page=2

Here a  guy describes using gpart from a knoppix live cd to recover his accidentally deleted partitions.  It will scan your disk to find areas that look like partitions, and can restore your partition table from that information.
          Daniel

Roy

Dec 3, 2009, 9:47:45 AM12/3/09
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
I had a distribution trash a partition a few weeks ago. I used System Rescue CD to recover the partition table and did not lose anything. There are many good forensic tools for Linux, but many are difficult to use for inexperienced users. System Rescue CD is GUI enabled and it was easy to use. See: http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page Click on the download link on the left side bar. You will eventually get to SourceForge where it is hosted.

Roy