new freedoom packages for stable and oldstable to fix copyvio

1 view

Jon Dowland

Jun 19, 2009, 2:30:18 PM6/19/09
Hello release team,

Somebody has reported a copyright violation in the Freedoom
package (#533135), unfortunately the violation dates back to
the 0.5-1 version of freedoom which is in oldstable and
stable's version is also affected.

The fix is relatively simple, at least: merely deleting the
affected files and rebuilding the package suffices. The
latest upstream version essentially does just this. The
build process detects missing resources and substitutes in
alternatives (silent sound effects, empty music, etc.)

I uploaded a fixed package for unstable and testing on
Wednesday (at low priority, whoops)

I am preparing packages suitable for oldstable and stable
now. I will reply with interdiffs once I have prepared them.

--
Jon Dowland

signature.asc

jon+debia...@alcopop.org

Jun 19, 2009, 3:00:15 PM6/19/09
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 06:56:50PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> I am preparing packages suitable for oldstable and stable
> now. I will reply with interdiffs once I have prepared them.

Lenny interdiff attached. Note that as alluded to in the
copyright hunk, the orig tarball is modified by removing
./musics/metabolist and all files therein. No other
changes are needed to build the package.

--
Jon Dowland

lenny.interdiff
signature.asc

Jon Dowland

Jun 19, 2009, 3:40:10 PM6/19/09
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 06:56:50PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> I am preparing packages suitable for oldstable and stable
> now. I will reply with interdiffs once I have prepared them.

Etch attached. Essentially the same as lenny.

etch.interdiff
signature.asc

Jon Dowland

Jun 19, 2009, 7:50:10 PM6/19/09
I have uploaded the new packages to a temporary repository
at <http://debian.halfcoded.net/>:

oldstable:
<http://debian.halfcoded.net/source/freedoom_0.5+dfsg1-1.dsc>
stable:
<http://debian.halfcoded.net/source/freedoom_0.6.2+dfsg1-1.dsc>

Please let me know if they are OK for uploading to the
archive.

--
Jon Dowland

signature.asc

Jon Dowland

Jun 20, 2009, 5:00:20 AM6/20/09
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:49:39AM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> I have uploaded the new packages to a temporary repository
> at <http://debian.halfcoded.net/>:
>
> oldstable:
> <http://debian.halfcoded.net/source/freedoom_0.5+dfsg1-1.dsc>

There seems to be some graphic corruption in this one that I
forgot about. The lenny package seems fine though. I've
removed this one until I figure out what has gone wrong.

signature.asc

Jon Dowland

Jun 20, 2009, 6:30:28 AM6/20/09
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:53:02AM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > oldstable:
> > <http://debian.halfcoded.net/source/freedoom_0.5+dfsg1-1.dsc>
>
> There seems to be some graphic corruption in this one that I
> forgot about. The lenny package seems fine though. I've
> removed this one until I figure out what has gone wrong.

Strange. I've fixed this: when built with pbuilder, I got
corruption; when I setup a etch chroot with debootstrap the
result is fine...

--
Jon Dowland

signature.asc