Christmas Meal Poll

Skip to the first unread message

Alex Leeds

30 Nov 2011, 05:50:2430/11/2011
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Last night we decided that the Christmas meal should be on 13DEC (20DEC is just too close for most folks to make it). Now it's time to think about venue. Since a lot of the curry places we haunt regularly after hackspace meets get *very* busy in the run up to Christmas we're thinking somewhere a little bit more laid back where we can get a decent sized table without hassle.

Two places have been suggested so far:

Little Tokyo - good mixed menu of noodles, katsu curry etc, beer and cocktails

Fairuz - fixed cost, variety of just-keeps-coming spicy tapas, beer and wine

Both have been tried and tested, but which do you prefer?

Alex

Jonathan "Squirrel" Powell

30 Nov 2011, 06:02:0630/11/2011
to Leeds Hack Space
Eat the rich.

Or alternatively I'm in favour of going to Fairuz - it's inexpensive,
plentiful, friendly and we can stay in there all evening. I've had
plenty of good evenings in there. Little Tokyo would be a little /too/
busy and pushy for the evening.

- JP

On Nov 30, 10:50 am, Alex Leeds <msalexinle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Last night we decided that the Christmas meal should be on *13DEC* (20DEC

> is just too close for most folks to make it). Now it's time to think about
> venue. Since a lot of the curry places we haunt regularly after hackspace
> meets get *very* busy in the run up to Christmas we're thinking somewhere a
> little bit more laid back where we can get a decent sized table without
> hassle.
>
> Two places have been suggested so far:
>
> Little Tokyo - good mixed menu of noodles, katsu curry etc, beer and
> cocktails
>
> Fairuz - fixed cost, variety of just-keeps-coming spicy tapas, beer and wine
>

> Both have been tried and tested, but *which do you prefer?*
>
> Alex

cvanvliet

30 Nov 2011, 06:15:3330/11/2011
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Either for me

Rob Whitfield

30 Nov 2011, 07:05:5730/11/2011
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Also not fussed - I've never been to either.

On 30 Nov 2011, at 11:15, cvanvliet <craigv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Either for me

ronin

1 Dec 2011, 05:51:2601/12/2011
to Leeds Hack Space
I have never been to either venue, so either would be good :-)
Although I would favour Fairuz, as its more likely to be less busy
than Little Tokyo.

On 30 Nov, 11:50, Alex Leeds <msalexinle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Last night we decided that the Christmas meal should be on *13DEC* (20DEC

> is just too close for most folks to make it). Now it's time to think about
> venue. Since a lot of the curry places we haunt regularly after hackspace
> meets get *very* busy in the run up to Christmas we're thinking somewhere a
> little bit more laid back where we can get a decent sized table without
> hassle.
>
> Two places have been suggested so far:
>
> Little Tokyo - good mixed menu of noodles, katsu curry etc, beer and
> cocktails
>
> Fairuz - fixed cost, variety of just-keeps-coming spicy tapas, beer and wine

Daniel Fligg

1 Dec 2011, 11:34:2201/12/2011
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
never been to either and both sound good :)