fancyhdr footrule

Yametazamwa mara 589
Ruka hadi kwenye ujumbe wa kwanza ambao haujasomwa

Gery

hayajasomwa,
30 Sep 2008, 12:43:3930/09/2008
kwa LaTeX Users Group
hi all,

I have the following problem. I use fancyhdr package to create the
footer and header, I use a rule over the footer. If there is lot of
footnote the rule is printed on the footnotes (I'm not so good in eng
so: it cross some of my footnotes). My question is that, how can I
specify the vertical distance between the footnotes and the rule. Or
the distance between footer and rule and then handle together. pls
answer as soon as you can, 'couse I need this for a project and my
deadline is very close.

thx
gery

Werner Grundlingh

hayajasomwa,
30 Sep 2008, 13:12:0330/09/2008
kwa LaTeX Users Group
Extracts taken from a document called 'Page layout in LaTeX' - the
fancyhdr user's manual - by Peter Oostrum:
http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=fancyhdr

You can set the rule width of the header/footer using the following
commands:
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.6pt} % 0.6pt header rule width
\renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0pt} % remove footer rule
The \headrule/\footrule command defines how the rule for the header/
footer is drawn. You could redefine them using (say)
\renewcommand{\headrule}{\vbox to 0pt{\hbox to\headwidth{\dotfill}
\vss}}
to obtain a dotted line instead of the regular solid line. There is
one additional parameter that you can set: \footruleskip. It defines
the distance between the decorative line in the footer and the top of
the footer text line. By default it is set to 30% of the normal line
distance. You may want to adjust it if you use unusally large or small
fonts in the footer. Change it with \renewcommand. Header and footer
height may be altered by changing \headheight and \footskip,
respectively.

Hope this helps,
Werner
Jibu wote