How to display bold+italic font in math mode

dhrubajyoti mukherjee

Mar 24, 2010, 1:19:32 AM3/24/10
to latexus...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Any idea on how to display bold+italic font in math mode.

Cheers,
Dhruba

--
Dhrubajyoti Mukherjee
MS Research Scholar,

dhrubajyoti mukherjee

Mar 24, 2010, 1:21:26 AM3/24/10
to latexus...@googlegroups.com
I tried to use \mathbf command. But it distorts the normal math style.

Peter Flynn

Mar 24, 2010, 4:35:53 AM3/24/10
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:21 AM, dhrubajyoti mukherjee <dhrubajyot...@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried to use \mathbf command. But it distorts the normal math style.

In what way? Can you post a minimal example that shows it distorting?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:49 AM, dhrubajyoti mukherjee <dhrubajyot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all,

Any idea on how to display bold+italic font in math mode.

\(\mbox{\textbf{\textit{abc}}}def\)

But if you want math spacing, you'll need a special bold math italic font, if such a thing exists.

///Peter

Edgar Fuentes

Mar 24, 2010, 11:38:04 AM3/24/10
to LaTeX Users Group
Hi,

Can try with the \boldsymbol command ,available in the amsmath
package.

regards,
Edgar Fuentes
On Mar 24, 1:19 am, dhrubajyoti mukherjee

dhrubajyoti mukherjee

Mar 25, 2010, 2:53:05 AM3/25/10
to latexus...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Edgar for the info