Autoplay embedded channel?

Serge

Aug 31, 2009, 5:04:33 PM8/31/09
to Justin.tv API Developers
How to have the embedded channel player start automatically without
pressing play button?
It has auto_play param in flashvars, but player not reacting to it for
some reason.

Thanks.

Ernani Joppert Pontes Martins

Aug 31, 2009, 5:27:05 PM8/31/09
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
What language are you using to call it?

I may assist you somehow, but need more details

Perhaps some code snippets would help.

Cheers,

Ernani

Mark Vaughn

Aug 31, 2009, 5:33:00 PM8/31/09
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com

If you are referring to the embed code available on the channel itself, the embed player’s autoplay is disabled.

Mark Vaughn

Serge

Sep 1, 2009, 1:23:03 PM9/1/09
to Justin.tv API Developers
It's being called with the embed code from the channel,

Some code: "channel==$channel?&auto_play=true&start_volume=25" />"
Figured those flashvars would do the trick. (From here:
http://apiwiki.justin.tv/mediawiki/index.php/Channel/show )

Thanks,

Serge

On Aug 31, 2:33 pm, "Mark Vaughn" <itsmyc...@charter.net> wrote:
> If you are referring to the embed code available on the channel itself, the
> embed player's autoplay is disabled.
>
> Mark Vaughn

Justin Kan

Sep 1, 2009, 1:31:30 PM9/1/09
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Autoplay is not currently enabled on Embeds for security reasons. You can, however, use the API swf and pass your key in to recreate autoplay.

Justin

Serge

Sep 1, 2009, 1:54:56 PM9/1/09
to Justin.tv API Developers
Do we need to create custom flash wrapper to load the player like it
shows in Live Video SWF Docs? No other ways of setting it without
getting into the swf?

- Serge

On Sep 1, 10:31 am, Justin Kan <justin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Autoplay is not currently enabled on Embeds for security reasons. You can,
> however, use the API swf and pass your key in to recreate autoplay.
> Justin

Scootz

Oct 4, 2009, 1:52:12 PM10/4/09
to Justin.tv API Developers
Yup, I agree. I would prefer not being dependant on a js library to
set a key. if its just a global variable in the flash obj.SetVariable
("something","devkey") then that would be cool.

Scootz

Oct 5, 2009, 1:58:46 PM10/5/09
to Justin.tv API Developers
Sorry, there was an answer in the threads. :) in the url/andor?
flashvars of the embed..tack on the end &consumer_key=[yourkey]
&auto_play=true and it will work. :) As mentioned by someone else on
a different thread. I've tried this and it indeed does work.

Emmett Shear

Oct 5, 2009, 2:00:42 PM10/5/09
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Scootz -

We've actually released (but apparently failed to document well) the same capability for our embed player. Just add your api key to the flashvars (as consumer_key=XXXXXX) and set autoplay (as auto_play=true) and you will be able to autoplay with the embed!