Announcement of Beer.js Berlin May

Robin Mehner

May 16, 2011, 7:37:59 AM5/16/11
to js-berlin
Hi there,

we've already had a really great beer.js in March and we're returning
to this tradition this May.

Beer.js events are informal events for the JavaScript community,
without an agenda, just nice chats with JavaScript geeks and beer,
hence the name.

We'll met on Tuesday, 17th May 2011 around 20:00 (8pm) at the Homes
Bar [1] which is very easy to reach with the U1 to Schlesisches Tor
followed by a short walk down the Schlesische Straße.

There is also the Apache Dinner right around the corner, so expect to
meet some of the nice folks of the Apache project during the evening.

Sorry for the short notice, some troubles with the original planned
location prevented an earlier announcement.

[1]
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=U-Bahnhof+Schlesisches+Tor,+Berlin&daddr=Homes+Bar,+Schlesische+Stra%C3%9Fe,+Berlin&hl=de&geocode=FZgZIQMdABrNACl5xXAKTk6oRzGi6caACL7oYw%3BFQAQIQMdoC_NACHTnXe72zAWDw&gl=de&mra=ltm&dirflg=w&sll=52.500248,13.444498&sspn=0.008216,0.016544&ie=UTF8&z=17

rvolk

May 17, 2011, 4:15:09 PM5/17/11
to js-berlin
When will be the next "beer.js" meeting? I like to join!
I'm working just around the corner... ;)

On May 16, 1:37 pm, Robin Mehner <ro...@coding-robin.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we've already had a really great beer.js in March and we're returning
> to this tradition this May.
>
> Beer.js events are informal events for the JavaScript community,
> without an agenda, just nice chats with JavaScript geeks and beer,
> hence the name.
>
> We'll met on Tuesday, 17th May 2011 around 20:00 (8pm) at the Homes
> Bar [1] which is very easy to reach with the U1 to Schlesisches Tor
> followed by a short walk down the Schlesische Straße.
>
> There is also the Apache Dinner right around the corner, so expect to
> meet some of the nice folks of the Apache project during the evening.
>
> Sorry for the short notice, some troubles with the original planned
> location prevented an earlier announcement.
>
> [1]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=U-Bahnhof+Schlesisch...

Robin Mehner

May 18, 2011, 8:55:48 AM5/18/11
to js-berlin
There will be more, but it's not sure when. It's an informal and non-
regular event.

But there is the normal meetup, every third Thursday of the month,
where we meet, listen to talks and have some beer, because there is no
JavaScript without beer.

The meetups are at the co.up coworking space, at the Kottbusser Tor,
so it's really close and the next one is tomorrow actually. See the
separate announcement for details.

- Robin

Wojciech Skowronek

May 18, 2011, 9:06:50 AM5/18/11
to js-b...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Robin Mehner <ro...@coding-robin.de> wrote:
> The meetups are at the co.up coworking space, at the Kottbusser Tor,
> so it's really close and the next one is tomorrow actually. See the
> separate announcement for details.
>
> - Robin

tomorrow, or week ago, according to info from this site:

http://www.onformative.com/processingberlin/

BR
Wojciech

Robin Mehner

May 18, 2011, 9:10:22 AM5/18/11
to js-berlin
The processing usergroup is a different usergroup, it has nothing to
do with the Berlin.js meetups. We share some attendees, but it's a
different topic and it's a great group too.

That means:

Processing Usergroup = every second thursday, all about processing.
BerlinJS Usergroup = every third thursday, all about javascript.
BeerJS = every now and then, no fixed schedule, all about beer under
the hood of JavaScript. But let's be honest, it's about the beer.

On 18 Mai, 15:06, Wojciech Skowronek <wojciech.skowro...@gmail.com>

Wojciech Skowronek

May 18, 2011, 9:12:31 AM5/18/11
to js-b...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Robin Mehner <ro...@coding-robin.de> wrote:
> The processing usergroup is a different usergroup, it has nothing to
> do with the Berlin.js meetups. We share some attendees, but it's a
> different topic and it's a great group too.
>
> That means:
>
> Processing Usergroup = every second thursday, all about processing.
> BerlinJS Usergroup = every third thursday, all about javascript.
> BeerJS = every now and then, no fixed schedule, all about beer under
> the hood of JavaScript. But let's be honest, it's about the beer.

Thanks for clearing :)

BR
Wojciech