Componenet Form fdatas save Multiple table

Gábor Mag

May 24, 2013, 1:35:27 PM5/24/13
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I try to write my first componenet, I need a little help. This component create specified forms. I have one forms.xml what contain my input fileds, one model and two view (deafult list, and forms view)

In forms view I have 4 tab panel. I'd like to save each panel data to different table. Can I do this with joomla?

Ex:
On tab one I have form name description, creator etc. This is saved in #__exp2 table <- this working fine

On tab 2, I have gallery name, gallery description and gallery path, what I want to save in #__exp2_gallery <- this doesn't saved

On tab 3 etc....

Can I save tab2, tab3, tab4 datas to other table (than #__exp2) with one view and one model?

Please help me.

Thank you

Robert

May 26, 2013, 6:19:58 AM5/26/13
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
I would create 4 JTable classes and bind the data to each JTable instance, I am guessing that you have to create relations between these tables so you wont same them all at the same moment.

Robert