1.6 Branch Merge Freeze 5 May 2010

Andrew Eddie

Apr 27, 2010, 2:46:56 AM4/27/10
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All.

Just informing everyone that the last day for merging branches into
the trunk will be the 5 May 2010 (next week). If you have work in a
branch that is ready to commit now or by the end of this week please
let me know so I can plan how much code needs to be reviewed. This is
the last opportunity for new community work to enter the trunk.

After the 5 May we will be concentrating on finishing off all required
features as best we can and stabilising the stack for a beta release.

Regards,
Andrew Eddie
http://www.theartofjoomla.com - the art of becoming a Joomla developer

Artyom Bisyarin

Apr 27, 2010, 10:14:38 AM4/27/10
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:46:56 +0300, C Eddie <mamb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All.
Hello, Andrew.

> Just informing everyone that the last day for merging branches into
> the trunk will be the 5 May 2010 (next week). If you have work in a
> branch that is ready to commit now or by the end of this week please
> let me know so I can plan how much code needs to be reviewed. This is
> the last opportunity for new community work to enter the trunk.

Sorry for perhaps a silly question, but does this have impact on code
which was proposed through the JoomlaCode?
I'm talking about this classes:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=20180

Also how I can help with reviewing? I currently working on a tutorial
about the classes:
http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_create_a_modal_form_field

it already has few simple usage examples and I think this can help a bit
in the reviewing.
How else can I help?

> After the 5 May we will be concentrating on finishing off all required
> features as best we can and stabilising the stack for a beta release.

I will be able and want to work with modal windows' issues in this period
(if the classes will be in the trunk).

--
Artyom

Andrew Eddie

Apr 27, 2010, 5:55:05 PM4/27/10
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
On 28 April 2010 00:14, Artyom Bisyarin <art...@ukr.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:46:56 +0300, C Eddie <mamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry for perhaps a silly question, but does this have impact on code which
> was proposed through the JoomlaCode?
> I'm talking about this classes:
>  http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=20180

I'm prepared to look at patches as well but preference will be given
to the branches just due to the time we have. Please, please make
sure your patches are up to date with the trunk at all times. In your
case Artyom I need a little more rationale of what you are actually
trying to achieve - please add some additional explanatory notes to
the tracker artefact, thanks.

> Also how I can help with reviewing? I currently working on a tutorial about
> the classes:
>  http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_create_a_modal_form_field

I meant reviewing the code in branches prior to committing to trunk.

Regards,
Andrew Eddie
http://www.theartofjoomla.com - the art of becoming a Joomla developer

Andrea Tarr at Tarr Consulting

Apr 28, 2010, 1:46:03 AM4/28/10
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

My branch is ready to be reviewed. The branch is acc_admin_template. I also
have a zip package available at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/hathor.

I will need to make changes to the doc blocks at the beginning of the files.

Thanks,
Andy

Andrea Tarr
Tarr Consulting

at...@tarrconsulting.com
413-427-0759
www.tarrconsulting.com

Andrea Tarr at Tarr Consulting

Apr 29, 2010, 5:24:27 PM4/29/10
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Just to let you know that I've updated the doc blocks and added any missing
svn properties.

I leave at midnight to drive 1000 miles cross country and then onto the CMS
Expo in Chicago through the 5th, but I'll have my computer with me :) for
issues that come up.

Andy

Andrea Tarr

Chris Davenport

May 1, 2010, 5:19:43 PM5/1/10
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

The revised help system for 1.6 is now ready for review in the /chrisdavenport branch.

The "JDiffers" team might like to note the following changes from 1.5:
  • The help system is no longer locked into using a Joomla instance as a help server.  Indeed, from 1.6 onwards, the official English help screens will be served from the wiki at http://docs.joomla.org (via a Joomla proxy).
  • All help screen key references have been refactored and should be a little more meaningful now.
  • Key references are passed through the JText language system for fully-translatable help screen URLs and to allow local site overrides of specific help screens.
  • More flexibility for third-party developers who can now choose to serve extension help screens from anywhere, not just the local components directory.
  • New INI keys: COM_ADMIN_GLOSSARY and COM_ADMIN_START_HERE in com_admin
  • Removed INI keys: COM_ADMIN_CREDITS, COM_ADMIN_SUPPORT and COM_ADMIN_CHANGELOG
  • New INI keys: JHELP_* in en-GB.ini for translation of help screen key references.
For the English help screens, dummy pages have been set up for 1.6 by transclusion of the 1.5 help screens on the documentation wiki.  You can see a list of the available screens and their status here: http://docs.joomla.org/Help16:Help_screens.  All the English help screens are available in a dedicated version-specific namespace on the wiki to facilitate export to other formats and platforms.

Regards,
Chris.
--
Chris Davenport
Joomla Leadership Team - Production Working Group

infograf768

May 2, 2010, 2:13:14 AM5/2/10
to Joomla! CMS Development
Chris, we need to know if it is possible and how can be exported the
1.6 help screens from the wiki to a joomla site for Translation Teams.

On 1 May, 23:19, Chris Davenport <chris.davenp...@joomla.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The revised help system for 1.6 is now ready for review in the
> /chrisdavenport branch.
>
> The "JDiffers" team might like to note the following changes from 1.5:
>
>    - The help system is no longer locked into using a Joomla instance as a
>    help server.  Indeed, from 1.6 onwards, the official English help screens
>    will be served from the wiki athttp://docs.joomla.org(via a Joomla
>    proxy).
>    - All help screen key references have been refactored and should be a
>    little more meaningful now.
>    - Key references are passed through the JText language system for
>    fully-translatable help screen URLs and to allow local site overrides of
>    specific help screens.
>    - More flexibility for third-party developers who can now choose to serve
>    extension help screens from anywhere, not just the local components
>    directory.
>    - New INI keys: COM_ADMIN_GLOSSARY and COM_ADMIN_START_HERE in com_admin
>    - Removed INI keys: COM_ADMIN_CREDITS, COM_ADMIN_SUPPORT and
>    COM_ADMIN_CHANGELOG
>    - New INI keys: JHELP_* in en-GB.ini for translation of help screen key
>    references.
>
> For the English help screens, dummy pages have been set up for 1.6 by
> transclusion of the 1.5 help screens on the documentation wiki.  You can see
> a list of the available screens and their status here:http://docs.joomla.org/Help16:Help_screens.  All the English help screens
> are available in a dedicated version-specific namespace on the wiki to
> facilitate export to other formats and platforms.
>
> Regards,
> Chris.
>
> On 27 April 2010 07:46, Andrew Eddie <mambob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi All.
>
> > Just informing everyone that the last day for merging branches into
> > the trunk will be the 5 May 2010 (next week).  If you have work in a
> > branch that is ready to commit now or by the end of this week please
> > let me know so I can plan how much code needs to be reviewed.  This is
> > the last opportunity for new community work to enter the trunk.
>
> > After the 5 May we will be concentrating on finishing off all required
> > features as best we can and stabilising the stack for a beta release.
>
> > Regards,
> > Andrew Eddie
> >http://www.theartofjoomla.com- the art of becoming a Joomla developer
>
> > --
> > .

Andrew Eddie

May 2, 2010, 4:12:12 AM5/2/10
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
JM, can you start a new thread on that issue please.

Thanks.