Joomla 1.6 Parent ID Error on save

Kevin Morrison

Feb 25, 2011, 1:21:17 PM2/25/11
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone reported errors when saving an article and getting an invalid parent ID when they save an article? I have tried with all the available editors and get the same error “Save failed with the following error: Invalid parent id.

Omar Ramos

Feb 25, 2011, 1:46:58 PM2/25/11
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
In some of the development I was doing the other week I did notice an error like this...it appeared to be due to an invalid asset_id value if I remember correctly.

What I mean by that is the article's asset_id was no longer available in the #__assets table. I may be remembering incorrectly as to what caused the issue (there were a lot of issues I was fixing at the time), but I believe that was what it was for that particular error.

-Omar