[Meeting] Daniel Horowitz 2011 Genealogy Tour

Daniel Horowitz

Jan 28, 2011, 6:10:32 AM1/28/11
Dear friends,

Following much planning, emails and international phone calls, I'm
ready to start my 2011 Genealogy Tour.

As in the past, I'll travel to a number of genealogy conferences, such
as: RootsTech, Who Do You Think You Are? LIVE! UK, Ohio Genealogy
Society Conference, New England Regional Genealogy Conference, and the
National Genealogy Society conference.
I'll also take the opportunity to lecture at genealogy societies in
many locations. This year, most are on the East Coast of the US.

My journey starts with a short trip on February 7 to speak at the
Jewish Genealogical Society of Utah, followed by the new RootsTech
conference, in Salt Lake City. After speaking at the Albuquerque JCC
(New Mexico) on February 13, I head to the Breman Museum in Atlanta,
on February 14, were they have prepared a wonderful program including
a special visit to the exhibitions. Then to London UK for the JGS of
Great Britain on February 24 and the "Who Do You Think You Are Live
2011" the next 3 days.

After a short break at home to see my wife and children, there's a
long trek beginning March 29 (Dayton, Ohio) concluding May 15
(Washington, DC).

My lecture schedule is listed below. However, other talks may still be
added. If your organization would like to schedule a talk, contact me
at da...@myheritage.com, and keep up to date with the tour on my
personal site, http://www.searchingformyroots.com

I'll be back in the US in June and August, but will write more about
that trip later.

Pass on the information to those who are interested in genealogy, post
it on bulletin boards, and try to attend one of the talks to learn
about the latest technology developments in genealogy and receive a
free gift from MyHeritage.com.

The tour:

8 February - Utah JGS, Salt Lake City, UT - Research Genealogical
Resources in Israel from your Couch

10 February - RootsTech, Salt Lake City, UT - Enhanced Smart Matches
and social networking technologies applied to facilitate collaboration
between families and researchers.

13 February - JCC of Greater Albuquerque, Albuquerque, NM - Connecting
Around the World: Family History's Newest Tools are Fun and Easy

14 February - CSU & JGS Georgia, The Breman Museum, Atlanta, GA - Face
Recognition and Photo Tagging Technology for Genealogy Research

24 February - JGS of Great Britain, London, UK - Stop Searching and
Start Fnding Relatives with My Heritage tools

25 February - WDYTYA Live 2011, London, UK - Basic Steps for Genealogy
Research - How Can I Start My Family Tree?

29 March - JGS of Dayton, OH - TBA

31 March to 2 April - VISIT Ohio Genealogy Society Conference

5 April - JGS of Cleveland, OH - Researching Genealogical Resources in
Israel from your Couch

6 to 9 April - VISIT 11th New England Regional Genealogy Conference

10 April - JGS New York, Center for Jewish History, Manhattan, NY -
Research Genealogical Resources in Israel from your Couch

11 April - Association of Professional Genealogists NY, Manhattan, NY
- MyHeritage Tools for the Professional Genealogist

14 April - JGS of North Jersey, NJ - Find Relatives in One Click with
Genealogy Super Search Engine

24 April - JGS of Long Island, NY - Research Genealogical Resources in
Israel From Your Couch

26 April - Bernards Township Library, Basking Ridge, NJ - TBA

2 May - JGS of Greater Philadelphia, Elkins Park, PA - Planting a
Family Tree on MyHeritage.com and Finding Relatives without Searching

3 May - New York Genealogy PC Users' Group, Manhattan, NY - Family
Tree Builder 5.0, What's New

10-14 - VISIT NGS Conference

15 May - JGS of Greater Washington DC - How to Do a Genealogy Roots
School Project

Best regards

Daniel Horowitz
Chief Genealogist