Dependencies for the sandbox

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Aug 8, 2011, 2:08:19 PM8/8/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com

> (04:54:06 PM) cowboyd: kohsuke: do you think we can make a list of which versions of which modules you need to be running for the playground to work?
> (04:54:34 PM) cowboyd: my installs are hopelessly out of whack, and I'd like to start from a clean base.

I understand the pain in locally building all the SNAPSHOT maven
dependencies, so I'm gradually moving away from requiring snapshots.

So right now, the only SNAPSHOT dependency you need is the 'jruby'
branch of Jenkins. I've capture this in [1].

I'll be working on removing this SNAPSHOT dependency as well. Some of
the changes in this branch needs to go into the trunk, and some needs to
move to the ruby-runtime plugin.

[1]
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jenkins+plugin+development+in+Ruby
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Aug 8, 2011, 2:08:31 PM8/8/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com

As I promised, I've merged the JRuby branch back to the master. Thanks
to the modularity, this actually doesn't pull in JRuby into the core ---
that lives in the jruby-runtime plugin.

This will be a part of 1.426, and at that point and onward, hopefully we
won't need any custom build of Jenkins to do the Ruby work.

Charles Lowell

Aug 8, 2011, 2:12:34 PM8/8/11
to jenkins.rb

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Aug 8, 2011, 2:13:12 PM8/8/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com

These are reposts of the original posts I've done over the last few
days, as apparently this e-mail address was not recognized by the group
and the posts have been failing.

That's why the timeline is bit off. My apologies.

Charles Lowell

Aug 8, 2011, 3:02:25 PM8/8/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
NP. I was wondering why I was only just seeing them now...