SocketTimeoutException for any redis interaction

Ramu MS

Oct 16, 2010, 12:23:53 AM10/16/10
to Jedis
Hi,

When I try to interact with Redis, for any operation, I end up getting
the below exception.

Caused by: redis.clients.jedis.JedisException:
at redis.clients.jedis.Protocol.process(Protocol.java:68)
~[jedis-1.1.1.jar:na]
at redis.clients.jedis.Protocol.read(Protocol.java:116)
~[jedis-1.1.1.jar:na]
at redis.clients.jedis.Connection.getBulkReply(Connection.java:
126) ~[jedis-1.1.1.jar:na]
at redis.clients.jedis.Jedis.hget(Jedis.java:234)
~[jedis-1.1.1.jar:na]

VM enabled in redis with a max memory of 1 GB
State of Redis: Memory close to max VM memory

I think redis will be too slow during this phase. (Its just my guess,
anyway).

Can I somehow configure this timeout in jedis ? Any other hints?

Thanks
Ramu

Ramu MS

Oct 16, 2010, 1:28:23 AM10/16/10
to Jedis
I figured out the timeout option available in the constructor
I should have looked into the APIs before posting the query:)

Jonathan Leibiusky

Oct 16, 2010, 7:26:05 AM10/16/10
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
No problem! All this will be explained shortly in the Wiki! :)