T[24]

jetendra sahu

Mar 27, 2008, 12:55:50 PM3/27/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

i am using a core routine F.WRITE.LIVE.Accourding to my knowledge this will write to the template maintaining the history record.

For example i have a Template which is (TYPE H).The id to this file is "SYSTEM".I am writing a main line routine to update this template where i am using

F.WRITE.LIVE.but when i run my routine it is giving a fatal error (OPF ERROR...CANNOT CREATE HISTORY FILE).Please let me know how to tackle this problem.

Thanks in advance....

Jitu

Karthik Subbarayalu

Mar 27, 2008, 3:34:14 PM3/27/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Check out the name of the subroutine mate... Guess it is F.LIVE.WRITE and not as you said.

Try with the following parameters:

FN.ACCOUNT = 'F.ACCOUNT'
ACCT.ID = '123456'
CALL F.LIVE.WRITE(FN.ACCOUNT,ACCT.ID,R.ACCOUNT)

where:
FN.ACCOUNT = File set
123456 = Id of the Account
R.ACCOUNT = Account Record Variable

Regards,
Karthik

jetendra sahu

Mar 27, 2008, 4:03:04 PM3/27/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karthik,

You r right.But i am using SYSTEM as my id to that TEMPLATE.So my querry is what ll be the id of the History record created by T24.?

Karthik Subbarayalu

Mar 27, 2008, 4:12:15 PM3/27/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
The id for the history record would be SYSTEM;1 after the first change. The ;1 gets incremented everytime you make a change and authorise. E.g,  SYSTEM;2, SYSTEM;3... and so on.
Karthik

jetendra sahu

Mar 28, 2008, 7:43:30 AM3/28/08
to jB...@googlegroups.com
Hi karthik,

I appreciate ur quick reply.But can u confirm whether the samw will work for MULTI COMPANY and MULTIBOOK environment?

i have 2 company.BNK and FMI.it gives error as  FFMI.ATM.TXN.PARAM$HIS OPF ERROR.The template is created in BNK company.So what need to be done when i am writing to the template.

John Watson

Mar 30, 2008, 10:17:46 PM3/30/08
to jBASE
If the parameter file only intended to exist in the BNK Company then
you have mistakenly setup the FILE.CONTROL record as FIN.

It may need to be INT (or FTF or whatever is appropriate to your multi-
company requirements)

INT will always ensure that the file is opened in BNK regardless of
which company you are currently in, FIN will ensure that a company
specific file is used and the others give a great deal of flexibility
about what files are shared or unique between each of your companies.