Hot news! JavaFX Desktop ship date Dec 2!

Patrick Wright

Nov 8, 2008, 3:50:40 AM11/8/08
to The Java Posse
Just heard this on the "This Ain't Your Dad's Java" podcast from
November 7 (see http://blogs.sun.com/javafx/entry/this_ain_t_your_dad),
they've announced that the release data for JavaFX Desktop is set for
December 2, 2008. They apparently announced this at a presentation in
Korea and the news wasn't passed along.

Pretty cool!

Patrick

sherod

Nov 8, 2008, 4:47:04 AM11/8/08
to The Java Posse
This is actually a good podcast, if you want to hear about Java: "The
Business"

Quote sure to cause this group to erupt:

"Ranting about if closures are includes in Java SE 7 becomes highly
irrelevant..."

I took that quote out of context to stir interest, go listen to the
podcast. :o)

Weiqi Gao

Nov 8, 2008, 10:26:28 AM11/8/08
to The Java Posse
On Nov 8, 3:50 am, Patrick Wright <pdoubl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just heard this on the "This Ain't Your Dad's Java" podcast from
> November 7 (seehttp://blogs.sun.com/javafx/entry/this_ain_t_your_dad),
> they've announced that the release data for JavaFX Desktop is set for
> December 2, 2008. They apparently announced this at a presentation in
> Korea and the news wasn't passed along.
>
> Pretty cool!
>
> Patrick

Thanks, Patrick.

I did a little transcript of the relevant segment here:

http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/2008/11/08/javafx_december_2.html

--
Weiqi Gao
weiq...@gmail.com

Kram

Nov 9, 2008, 11:08:43 PM11/9/08
to The Java Posse
This is very very cool, Im excited!

I have only just started on JavaFX and am starting to blog on it:
http://markmacumber.blogspot.com/

Hopefully the 1.0 SDK will have heaps of new features, demos, etc...
for us all to work with.
> weiqi...@gmail.comhttp://www.weiqigao.com/blog/

Joshua Marinacci

Nov 10, 2008, 8:26:10 PM11/10/08
to java...@googlegroups.com, The Java Posse
I can neither confirm nor deny the awesome rumor that the JavaFX SDK
will soon be released. :)

- Josh, on the go

Viktor Klang

Nov 11, 2008, 4:45:56 AM11/11/08
to java...@googlegroups.com
Dear passengers, the left wing is NOT on fire.
--
Viktor Klang
Senior Systems Analyst

Patrick Wright

Nov 12, 2008, 4:34:57 AM11/12/08
to The Java Posse

On Nov 11, 2:26 am, Joshua Marinacci <jos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can neither confirm nor deny the awesome rumor that the JavaFX SDK
> will soon be released. :)

It's true. I saw it in the Planetarium :)
http://blogs.sun.com/theplanetarium/entry/javafx_1_0_release_date