JWebPane, JavaFX2, and HTML5

ebresie

Nov 12, 2010, 10:35:29 AM11/12/10
to The Java Posse
I stumbled across some old articles about JWebPane (see below) which
got me wondering...Does anyone have any additional details on its
current status?

Will it be provided as part of JavaFX 2 and Java APIs Bindings? Would
it be part of the JavaFX or a separate package all together?

Is the project hosted somewhere where JWebPane can be maintained?

Is it going byt another name (HTML Component)?

It seems as more push towards web (HTML5) is occurring, it might be a
valuable addition.

Anyone?

Eric

(1) http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2008/05/29/introducing-jwebpane-component
(2) http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2008/06/11/using-jwebpane-common-scenarios
(3) http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2008/12/10/jwebpane-project-browser-plugin-swing-and-soon-fx
(4) http://blogs.sun.com/thejavatutorials/entry/html_component
(5) http://explodingpixels.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/jwebpane-update/
(6) http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2009/06/08/jwebpane-bof-slides-javaone-2009
(7) http://www.java.net/blog/2009/06/16/jwebpane-bof-screenshots-javaone-2009
(8) http://openfuture.rajubitter.com/2009/05/24/mixed-runtime-applications-in-javafx-embedding-ajax-or-flash-through-jwebpane/
(9) http://webkit.org/

Carl Jokl

Nov 12, 2010, 11:05:46 AM11/12/10
to The Java Posse
Even the JEditorPane could be more useful if it was properly finished
off. It is one of the Swing components where I have thought "Maybe it
will be finished off in the next version of Java". I have been saying
that since Java 1.4 and it still seems unfinished even now.

hugh4life

Nov 12, 2010, 3:04:44 PM11/12/10
to The Java Posse
JavaFX has a web browser control in it's roadmap.

http://javafx.com/roadmap/#30

On Nov 12, 9:35 am, ebresie <ebre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I stumbled across some old articles about JWebPane (see below) which
> got me wondering...Does anyone have any additional details on its
> current status?
>
> Will it be provided as part of JavaFX 2 and Java APIs Bindings?  Would
> it be part of the JavaFX or a separate package all together?
>
> Is the project hosted somewhere where JWebPane can be maintained?
>
> Is it going byt another name (HTML Component)?
>
> It seems as more push towards web (HTML5) is occurring, it might be a
> valuable addition.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Eric

> (1)http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2008/05/29/introducing-jwebpane-component
> (2)http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2008/06/11/using-jwebpane-common-scenarios
> (3)http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2008/12/10/jwebpane-project-browser-plug...
> (4)http://blogs.sun.com/thejavatutorials/entry/html_component
> (5)http://explodingpixels.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/jwebpane-update/
> (6)http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2009/06/08/jwebpane-bof-slides-javaone-2009
> (7)http://www.java.net/blog/2009/06/16/jwebpane-bof-screenshots-javaone-...
> (8)http://openfuture.rajubitter.com/2009/05/24/mixed-runtime-application...
> (9)http://webkit.org/

Ruben Reusser

Nov 12, 2010, 3:18:22 PM11/12/10
to java...@googlegroups.com
why not just use djproject ( http://djproject.sourceforge.net/ns/index.html ) to tie into the OS web browser or MozSwing ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/mozswing/ ) to run your locked down version of firefox as a Swing frame?