Update on Jasig-Sakai Merger Membership Vote

Josh Baron

May 18, 2012, 12:22:56 PM5/18/12
to jasig-sakai-...@googlegroups.com
Community members,

The merger vote previously announced as beginning Monday, May 21,2012 will not occur at this time.  We are awaiting attorney review of current consolidation paperwork and getting clarification on specifics of Michigan law (the Sakai Foundation is incorporated in the State of Michigan) as it relates to the vote.  When that review is complete, we will announce a new date for the vote and how that will occur.   The new dates for the voting process will ensure that our membership have the time they need and that is required by law to review materials prior to voting.

This additional time will also allow for more review and discussion of the new and updated documentation that was released earlier this week.  These can be found at www.apereo.org.

- Jasig-Sakai Joint Working Group and Founding Board

-----------------------------
Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College