jPlay - presentation

Lord BlackFox

Apr 9, 2012, 5:54:12 AM4/9/12
to jamendo-dev
Hi everyone,
I'd like to present to you my last project, "jPlay", an HTML5 player
for
Jamendo. There still are some bugs (e.g: drag and drop doesn't work
under Chrome), but it is functionnal.

Repository: https://github.com/lordblackfox/jplay
Demo: http://lordblackfox.net/webapps/jplay/

Your ideas and comments are welcome
Thank you,

Thomas

Maik Sommer

Apr 9, 2012, 12:37:07 PM4/9/12
to jamen...@googlegroups.com
looks very cool. doesn´t work in opera 11.62.

Sugahar Igneofidio

Apr 9, 2012, 4:19:59 PM4/9/12
to jamen...@googlegroups.com
It works great on Firefox 11 and Chromium (Chrome) 17. It does not on
Konqueror 4.4.5. All on Linux Mint 12.

2012/4/9 Maik Sommer <con...@pancore.de>:

Mi Blog en Maravilhion:
http://blog.maravilhion.com/
La página del libro Huesos de Ángel:
http://www.cuyai.com/
Si quieres ver y escuchar los poemas de Huesos de Ángel:
http://maravilhion.blip.tv/
Si quieres ver las fotografías de Huesos de Ángel:
http://www.cuyai.com/HdeA/
La revista Maravilhion:
http://portal.maravilhion.com/

samuel baudouin

Apr 9, 2012, 9:35:27 PM4/9/12
to jamen...@googlegroups.com
really not bad at all!

The code also looks pretty neat. It lacks comments, but the code is
clean enough to be understood!

Good work!

--
Samuel Baudouin

Sylvain Zimmer

Apr 10, 2012, 5:58:05 AM4/10/12
to jamen...@googlegroups.com
really nice... congrats!

--
Sylvain Zimmer

ttoine

Apr 10, 2012, 6:57:02 AM4/10/12
to jamen...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour,

Je ne fais pas partie de jamendo-dev dans google groups, et je reçois encore les messages... pourriez-vous s'il vous plait m'enlever de la mailing list ?

Cordialement,

Antoine

lordblackfox

Apr 11, 2012, 2:55:39 PM4/11/12
to jamendo-dev
@Sommer: I figured that out, but didn't have the time to look deeper
on that;
@Sugahar: Thanks, I'll take note of that;

I'm actually thinking about a more coherent interface. Also thinking
about a little configuration panel for some thinks like choose between
Ogg and Mp3 and so on.
I also discovered that the drag and drop only works under Firefox,
don't know why.

By the way, does someone knows if Jamendo will develop an API to have
a write access to users' accounts?

lordblackfox

Apr 29, 2012, 6:46:27 AM4/29/12
to jamendo-dev
Here are some changes since my last answer
- Settings panel
- Download as Ogg
- Clear playlist
- Remember the actual playlist
- Favorite list works (in read access only)
- Share on Twitter and Facebook (without including their button)
- Now, it's possible to play from the album's view
- Some small changes in design

I've fixe some bugs, but there still are some. For the Opera bug, it
seems that this is a security issue (haven't seen for conqueror).

Sug...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2012, 8:28:40 AM4/29/12
to jamen...@googlegroups.com
Really good, I like the interface. Only one thing, when a search it doesn't go to the results directly, i got a little lost because of that, you need to click on search tab to see those.

I am using Firefox 11 and Linux Mint 9.

I hope you don't mind that I share your project with my friends on Facebook and told them to feedback you on Github.

Something I just notice is that the help text "download", "go to....", etc., is at little far away from the actual buttons. Don't you think it will be better over them?

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Kev Macphail

Apr 30, 2012, 2:04:07 AM4/30/12
to jamen...@googlegroups.com
The new additions really enhance the player. The download as ogg feature is great especially now that the new Jamendo site layout doesn't allow ogg downloads in any obvious method. The search facility is also giving improved results, would filtering be a realistic option without adding too much? Eg search by.... artist, album or tag.

I like the addition of the share buttons, on a personal note I would like to see a share button for identi.ca, given it's free culture, the majority of identi.ca users also use the Jamendo site.

Jplay runs very smoothly in my Debian (64 bit) system on both Seamonkey and Firefox (v15 alpha). Excellent work here folks,

Kevie
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Support open source software.

lordblackfox

Apr 30, 2012, 7:01:56 AM4/30/12
to jamendo-dev
@suga:
> Really good, I like the interface. Only one thing, when a search it doesn't
> go to the results directly, i got a little lost because of that, you need
> to click on search tab to see those.
I'll take a look on that.

> Something I just notice is that the help text "download", "go to....",
> etc., is at little far away from the actual buttons. Don't you think it
> will be better over them?
In a previous version, I did that - but feedbacks told me that it is
quiet "invading".

@Kev Macphail
> I like the addition of the share buttons, on a personal note I would like to see a share button for identi.ca, given it's free culture, the majority of identi.ca users also use the Jamendo site.
I'll do it asap :)

lordblackfox

Apr 30, 2012, 7:04:03 AM4/30/12
to jamendo-dev
Kev Macphail:
> The search facility is also giving improved results, would filtering be a realistic option without adding too much? Eg search by.... artist, album or tag.
Good idea, I take note of that