Drawing genome maps like in Figure 1 of the Miller Syndrome family quartet Science paper

Gustavo Glusman

Oct 5, 2011, 2:43:18 PM10/5/11
to isb-f...@googlegroups.com
Following a request from an interested scientist, I created a small
web utility for producing genome maps like we published as figure 1 in
the Miller Syndrome quartet paper.

The request was for the ability to specify two sets of genomic ranges
(set1 and set2) that would be painted dark on the left side and right
side of each chromosome, with the rest of the genome in the light
color gradient. Also, some specific genes would need to be highlighted
like we indicated DHODH etc.

See:
--> http://db.systemsbiology.net/gestalt/cgi-pub/genomeMapBlocks.pl

The three textareas accept genomic ranges (chromosome, start, end),
one per line, delimited by whitespace.
The first two are the regions in set1 and set2, the third is used to
highlight genes of interest. The gene ID is currently not used. You
can specify a color to highlight each gene, defaulting to red. The
system currently accepts a few colors: white, black, blue, red, green,
yellow, magenta, cyan, brown, orange, salmon, pink, and grey, and
their "light" variants, e.g. "lightred".

Comments are welcome.
--
-- Gustavo