IIS7.5 + isapi_wsgi | Pages load very slowly

pyPax

Nov 15, 2010, 11:40:57 AM11/15/10
to isapi_wsgi-dev
Hi folks,

I have successfully deployed a couple applications using isapi_wsgi .
One on IIS6 and the other on IIS7.5. I am really happy about this, as
last time I accomplished this it has been a real nightmare.

Unfortunately, I have still a little nut to crack to get it working in
a comparable way to other setups.

Often pages randomly take long to load 5-10seconds, and I cannot seem
to find what the problem is. This happens on both setups Server setups
and with totally different Django applications, so I reckon others
might have encountered this problem too.

Any idea?

pyPax

Nov 16, 2010, 6:51:26 AM11/16/10
to isapi_wsgi-dev
Hi,

just wondering if the speed problems are consistent with what I am
supposed to expect.

The speed problem is consistent over a range of server setups.

James Pacileo

Nov 16, 2010, 5:21:11 PM11/16/10
to isapi_wsgi-dev
I managed to get a speed increase by substituting django-mssql with django-pyodbc.

Looks like django-mssql was creating quite a few problems within the django app.

Preston Landers

Nov 16, 2010, 5:30:29 PM11/16/10
to isapi_w...@googlegroups.com
No, I would not describe this as expected behavior.  I'm using isapi_wsgi and have seen excellent performance.  However I am not using Django - it's purely an internally developed web framework.

Have you replicated this problem with very simple WSGI scripts, such as the test one that comes with isapi_wsgi?

Offhand it sounds like a deadlock or other resource contention that is timing out.  If you're using a database connection or other shared resource, that'd be the first thing I'd look at once I  determined the problem wasn't happening on very simple test cases.

thanks,
Preston