iui too slow

1 view

Luis Oliveira

May 8, 2008, 10:05:22 AM5/8/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Hi,

I am developing a webapp using IUI and the transaction between pages
is slow. Is it possible to define the velocity of these
transactions ?

Note that I am testing the webapp on my local network and there's not
delays caused by ISPs or other entities.

Thanks.

Luis Oliveira

Chrilith

May 8, 2008, 11:42:16 AM5/8/08
to iPhoneWebDev
If your layers have lots of data then it will be slow.

Morgan Allen

May 8, 2008, 12:42:00 PM5/8/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
My team had problems with this too early on. While our designer was making a mockup everything was really slow because there where something like 2200 lines of HTML and about 30 pages. After we broke it up, and used the AJAX page loader it work great.
--
http://morglog.alleycatracing.com
Lets make up more accronyms!

http://www.alleycatracing.com
LTABOTIIOFR! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!
Upcoming alley cats, reviews, touring logs, and a general congregation of bike nerdity.

MorningZ

May 9, 2008, 11:16:25 AM5/9/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Another option might be to switch to the "CiUi" library instead

http://clientside.cnet.com/cnet-js-standards/ciui-cnet-iphone-ui/

it goes about getting pages a different method, so it may help speed
up your web application