iPhone JavaScript Framework: baseJS

1 view

Paul Armstrong

Mar 17, 2009, 1:15:23 PM3/17/09
to iPhoneWebDev
Over the past 8 months or so, I created a super-light JavaScript
framework for Mobile Safari that weighs in at less than 8KB (plus
another 8KB if the visitor is on iPhone 1.0 framework).

It provides helper methods and encourages an object-oriented approach
to writing JavaScript web applications for the iPhone. It is currently
used on a few iPhone sites for an international bank/credit card
company (under NDA, but if you read source I'm sure you could easily
find it).

I haven't rounded up some of the best features and uses of it yet, but
blog posts are on their way.

I was wondering what people thought of it. Also, if there are any
improvements needed, bugs found, or features that are severely needed,
let me know. Please note that animation and transitions were not
included on purpose and are up to your CSS skill to include them.

An introduction to beta 1
http://paularmstrongdesigns.com/weblog/basejs-a-mobile-javascript-framework

Beginning baseJS with Selectors and Events
http://paularmstrongdesigns.com/weblog/beginning-basejs-selectors-events

Project page:
http://paularmstrongdesigns.com/projects/basejs/

Unfinished Documentation:
http://paularmstrongdesigns.com/projects/basejs/docs/

--
Paul Armstrong

mjvillarejo

Mar 18, 2009, 3:07:36 PM3/18/09
to iPhoneWebDev
Hello Paul!

I'm having a look to your documentation and this framework looks
excellent! I was not able to find out the web using it (NDA, bank, ...
no match) is it posible you to give a demo to check how powerful is
serving standard content? nothing complicated just something that
shows a few capabilities of your framework.

Thanks in advise!
MV

On Mar 17, 6:15 pm, Paul Armstrong <paula...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Over the past 8 months or so, I created a super-light JavaScript
> framework for Mobile Safari that weighs in at less than 8KB (plus
> another 8KB if the visitor is on iPhone 1.0 framework).
>
> It provides helper methods and encourages an object-oriented approach
> to writing JavaScript web applications for the iPhone. It is currently
> used on a few iPhone sites for an international bank/credit card
> company (under NDA, but if you read source I'm sure you could easily
> find it).
>
> I haven't rounded up some of the best features and uses of it yet, but
> blog posts are on their way.
>
> I was wondering what people thought of it. Also, if there are any
> improvements needed, bugs found, or features that are severely needed,
> let me know. Please note that animation and transitions were not
> included on purpose and are up to your CSS skill to include them.
>
> An introduction to beta 1http://paularmstrongdesigns.com/weblog/basejs-a-mobile-javascript-fra...
>
> Beginning baseJS with Selectors and Eventshttp://paularmstrongdesigns.com/weblog/beginning-basejs-selectors-events

Paul Armstrong

Mar 19, 2009, 1:03:14 PM3/19/09
to iPhoneWebDev
MV: The documentation/API page is using baseJS and I'll be posting up
more information in the coming weeks on uses, best practices, etc.

It's a very extendable framework and intended for people who
understand more of what JavaScript is already capable of—especially on
a single platform like Mobile Safari. Stay tuned, I'll try to get more
information out there as soon as I have some free moments.

--
Paul Armstrong

Matteo

Mar 20, 2009, 3:28:54 AM3/20/09
to iPhoneWebDev
Thank you Paul, really inspiring work. I found the code easy to follow
and I think it's a good learning material for intermediate js
developer.

Matt