CSS/XHTML Framework for iPhone and iPod touch.

Minid

Jul 7, 2008, 5:56:43 AM7/7/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Hello people,

I'm new at the group and I want to share my last work so anyone can
try it, it's a new framework made in CSS/XHTML por the iPhone and
iPhone Touch. It's on its very first stage so it lacks of some
functionalities but it aims to reach the same quality details as the
compiled aplications.

Any comments and contributions are welcome.

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-universal/

Jon Brisbin

Jul 7, 2008, 2:17:30 PM7/7/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I guess I'm the only web developer targeting apps toward the iPhone
that *doesn't want* to create a webapp that looks like a native iPhone
app. I don't particularly like how they look and I feel like trying to
apply that native look to a web application is too limiting.

But that's just me. I'll go back to my hole now...

Thanks!

Jon Brisibn
http://jbrisbin.com

Mathias Bogaert

Jul 13, 2008, 9:22:22 AM7/13/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Could you put some pages online so that we can testdrive it from the
iPhone? Thanks!

Mathias

Everton Fraga

Jul 14, 2008, 9:28:19 AM7/14/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
We're 2, Jon  :D

Everton Fraga
Desenvolvedor Web
http://evertonfraga.com
21 81675310 novo

Diego Martin

Jul 14, 2008, 5:28:45 PM7/14/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
http://www.minid.net/iphone/
Diego Martín Lafuente
CCO
Tractis - Online contracts you can enforce
http://www.tractis.com
--
Email: diego.l...@tractis.com
Skype: minidix

Manic Design

Jul 18, 2008, 11:40:37 AM7/18/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Hey there,

I'm using it on a site that I started yesterday and the stylesheet is
VERY helpful!

http://www.kitchenwitch.com/iPhone

I'm still goofing around with it and it's pretty much a hobby site for
me but thanks for posting your work. It'll help on the next one I do
too :)

Joanne

Schalk Neethling

Jul 18, 2008, 1:06:45 PM7/18/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Can you please post the link to this framework again?

Regards,
Schalk

elbows

Jul 18, 2008, 2:59:10 PM7/18/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Make that 3 :)

Although I did just reread Apples iPhone Human Interface guidelines to
make sure I dont wander so far away from their path that I lose what
makes the iphone glorious.

Cheers

Steve

Avishai

Jul 19, 2008, 11:39:38 AM7/19/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Diego,

I just played around with the framework, and I think it looks
fantastic! I've been developing an iPhone site with the iUI toolkit,
but at first glance, iphone-universal's code looks *much* cleaner and
easier to understand (and iUI is pretty simple...).

I'll post the link to my app once I finish it, but I'd also love to
see any examples of what other people have done with this toolkit so
far

Cheers,

-Avishai

Everton Fraga

Jul 24, 2008, 10:36:43 AM7/24/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
At this point, i developed 2 significant websites for iPhone. here it goes:
I hated to work with iui JS framework on the first website. But the second is almost JS-free, and with its own stylesheet. something I liked much much more.

Everton Fraga
Web Developer

http://evertonfraga.com
21 81675310 novo

Chrilith

Jul 31, 2008, 11:01:26 AM7/31/08
to iPhoneWebDev
transito.iphonegoodi.es looks really nice.
Telling what you hate in iUI may help developers :)

Did you try WebApp.Net? (http://webapp.net.free.fr/)

On Jul 24, 4:36 pm, "Everton Fraga" <evertonf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At this point, i developed 2 significant websites for iPhone. here it goes:
>
> - transito.iphonegoodi.es (shows Rio de Janeiro's traffic statuses and
> camera shots)
> -www.agencia3.com.br/mobile(orwww.agencia3.com.brfrom your iPhone)
>
> I hated to work with iui JS framework on the first website. But the second
> is almost JS-free, and with its own stylesheet. something I liked much much
> more.
>
> Everton Fraga
> Web Developerhttp://evertonfraga.com
> 21 81675310 novo

Minid

Jul 30, 2008, 5:59:55 PM7/30/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Thanks all for the compliants, I'm working hard to make a big upgrade
to the iphone-universal framework.

So far, the code examples now its bigger: more list examples, more
posibilities following clean markup. Now you can put images with easy
and do other stuff.

I'm trying to make more iPhone interfaces and trying to make also, the
buttons and other images in .PSD so you can mix other colors than the
default apple codes.

this is the original post i've made in my blog:

http://www.minid.net/2008/07/07/framework-css-y-xhtml-para-desarrollar-en-iphone-y-ipod-touch/

Lo

Aug 10, 2008, 6:41:50 PM8/10/08
to iPhoneWebDev
VERY useful example of iPhone development, thanks Everton. I have been
able to do my first steps by playing around with your code and
adapting it to my needs.

Question: when you use the picker (menu) in horizontal landscape mode,
and you tap "Done", the picker disappears of course, as it should, but
then there's something odd: although we're still in landscape mode,
the page goes back to a 320 pixel width, aligned left, and there's a
replica of the page on the right.

Any idea why that happens and how to avoid it?

It only happens when you use the picker in landscape mode. Which is
something I want the user to be able to do, as my site is essentially
devoted to video. But maybe navigation in a horizontal position is not
such a good idea :-)

Laurent

On Jul 24, 4:36 pm, "Everton Fraga" <evertonf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At this point, i developed 2 significant websites for iPhone. here it goes:
>
>    - transito.iphonegoodi.es (shows Rio de Janeiro's traffic statuses and
>    camera shots)
>    -www.agencia3.com.br/mobile(orwww.agencia3.com.brfrom your iPhone)
>
> I hated to work with iui JS framework on the first website. But the second
> is almost JS-free, and with its own stylesheet. something I liked much much
> more.
>
> Everton Fraga
> Web Developerhttp://evertonfraga.com
> 21 81675310 novo

Neo

Aug 12, 2008, 10:58:47 AM8/12/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Hi Minid

I was using iui before saw your work. The problem with iui is that
it's stopped developing and there are still issues to be sorted.

I really hope the same problem doesn't happen to iphone universal. Is
there any road map for iphone universal at the moment?

(The feature I'm interested at now is some way to handle the loading
progress. Is it in the plan?)

Anyway, thanks for all the work! It's very useful!