March 27th! The Airport!

1 view

Byron

Feb 23, 2010, 9:03:25 PM2/23/10
to Intown Touring Club
Folks, it's been a crappy winter weather-wise so I'm pleased to
announce a ride scheduled for March. We'll be heading down south to
see some vacant lands near the airport. Sounds fascinating, right?
Well that's what urban exploring is all about -- hunting down the drab
wastelands and forgotten nooks that form our vernacular landscape.

Details: Saturday March 17th; we'll be meeting at the East Point MARTA
station at 10:00am and proceeding south to College Park and some
vacant spot near the airport; then back into Hapeville and some sort
of lunch there... perhaps the Dwarf House? As usual the ride will be
about 10ish miles at a slow pace with frequent stops. We'll hear some
commentary along the way and see some historic and interesting spots.

And before I forget -- I've gotten some great suggestions for upcoming
rides and routes. If you know of an interesting spot intown or some
theme that ties our wacky city together, please send notes. With your
help, there'll be more fascinating stuff seen by bike through the
summer months.

Byron Rushing

Feb 24, 2010, 7:34:57 AM2/24/10
to Intown Touring Club
Correction: That's Saturday, March 27th. .

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Byron <byronr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Folks, it's been a crappy winter weather-wise so I'm pleased to
announce a ride scheduled for March. We'll be heading down south to
see some vacant lands near the airport. Sounds fascinating, right?
Well that's what urban exploring is all about -- hunting down the drab
wastelands and forgotten nooks that form our vernacular landscape.

Details: Saturday March 27th; we'll be meeting at the East Point MARTA

station at 10:00am and proceeding south to College Park and some
vacant spot near the airport; then back into Hapeville and some sort
of lunch there... perhaps the Dwarf House? As usual the ride will be
about 10ish miles at a slow pace with frequent stops. We'll hear some
commentary along the way and see some historic and interesting spots.

And before I forget -- I've gotten some great suggestions for upcoming
rides and routes. If you know of an interesting spot intown or some
theme that ties our wacky city together, please send notes. With your
help, there'll be more fascinating stuff seen by bike through the
summer months.

Byron Rushing
USA::GA::Decatur

Byron

Mar 23, 2010, 4:04:05 PM3/23/10
to Intown Touring Club
Here's a quick reminder about this Saturday's ITC ride to the airport.
We'll be leaving East Point at 10am and will be back in that area for
a mid-afternoon lunch. Hope to see everyone there!

Details: Saturday March 27th; we'll be meeting at the East Point MARTA
station at 10:00am; the ride will head south to College Park and some
interesting formerly urban vacant areas near the airport; we'll end up
either East Point or Hapeville for whever lunch spot is most
convenient. As usual the ride will be about 10ish miles at a slow pace