The PERFECT Solution for all Source games!

Hunter

Oct 28, 2008, 7:40:45 PM10/28/08
to INTEL 9XX Gaming
Hi everybody.
After a few days of trying the best solution for the laggin in Source
games (HL2, Episode 1, 2, CSS, Portal) I now have the perfect
solution. I can play these games in 1024x768 and all Details with
about 40+ fps! It works for TF2 or DoD: Source too, i think.

And now, heres what you have to do:

*I have Win Vista, 1 GB DDR RAM, Intel GMA 945 and Dual Core 1,8 GhZ
*Install the Modded Driver
*in the launch options for the different steam games add these lines:
-console -dxlevel 81 +autoexec.cfg +mat_forcehardwaresync 0
+mat_bumpmap 0 +mat_specular 0 +mat_picmip 2
+mat_max_worldmesh_vertices 1024 +r_3dsky 0
*you need r_3dsky 0 for CSS or TF2, but in games like Half Life 2
Episode 2 you can try +r_3dsky 1 - no change in your fps
*Ingame you can set all Options to High or Medium!

For me, this works really really great with all Source games. Im so
happy now, to play Portal and Episode 2 without lag!

Dragonsla

Oct 29, 2008, 11:20:14 PM10/29/08
to INTEL 9XX Gaming
not perfect for HL2....it mae the game run with a lag :(

Hunter

Oct 30, 2008, 2:06:17 AM10/30/08
to INTEL 9XX Gaming
Which lag you have ingame?
Only add these parameter at your Desktop link from HL2 or add it in
Steam at Start Options:
-console -dxlevel 81 +autoexec.cfg +mat_forcehardwaresync 0
+mat_bumpmap 0 +mat_specular 0 +mat_picmip 2
+mat_max_worldmesh_vertices 1024 +r_3dsky 0
It may works, if not you can get a solution here:
http://intelintegratedgaming.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-to-get-half-life-2other-source.html

Good luck!

Mr. Dorit

Oct 30, 2008, 9:48:16 AM10/30/08
to INTEL 9XX Gaming
HL runs great with the modded drivers, and it look a little nicer than
before(played in DX7).
Portal still drops FPS when you are escaping from the last chamber.
But I can still play it in high.
Only problem I have is that it removes my danish subtitles and text
from the source games. A bit of irritating; not so much in HL2 but
more in Portal. Any answer to that?

Espionage724

Oct 30, 2008, 9:54:33 PM10/30/08
to INTEL 9XX Gaming

The PERFECT Solution for all Source games for Windows Vista is more
like it......unless there is some way for the XP users to enjoy this
awesomeness? Because the modded drivers doesn't seem to make a
difference when I mod the Software TnL thing...

rhynomx

Nov 1, 2008, 5:22:33 AM11/1/08
to INTEL 9XX Gaming
Excuse me for my noob question, but where and how do i install that
modded drivers ?

Can you explain me about those famous drivers ?

I haver a C2D E4300 2gb Ram with a 945 g Chipset and i want to play
TF2

Tailsfan

Nov 13, 2008, 12:35:04 PM11/13/08
to INTEL 9XX Gaming
I just wish there was modded drivers for Intel 915 users :(
Otherwise, HELLO TF2! :)

On Nov 1, 4:22 am, rhynomx <cemmanue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse me for my noob question, but where and how do i install that
> modded drivers ?
>
> Can you explain me about those famous drivers ?
>
> I haver a C2D E4300 2gb Ram with a 945 g Chipset and i want to play
> TF2
>
> On 28 oct, 15:40, Hunter <andreas.hofba...@moseco.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody.
> > After a few days of trying the best solution for the laggin inSource
> > games (HL2, Episode 1, 2, CSS, Portal) I now have the perfect
> > solution. I can play these games in 1024x768 and all Details with
> > about 40+ fps! It works for TF2 or DoD:Sourcetoo, i think.
>
> > And now, heres what you have to do:
>
> > *I have Win Vista, 1 GB DDR RAM, Intel GMA 945 and Dual Core 1,8 GhZ
> > *Install the Modded Driver
> > *in the launch options for the different steam games add these lines:
> > -console -dxlevel 81 +autoexec.cfg +mat_forcehardwaresync 0
> > +mat_bumpmap 0 +mat_specular 0 +mat_picmip 2
> > +mat_max_worldmesh_vertices 1024 +r_3dsky 0
> > *you need r_3dsky 0 for CSS or TF2, but in games like Half Life 2
> > Episode 2 you can try +r_3dsky 1 - no change in your fps
> > *Ingame you can set all Options to High or Medium!
>
> > For me, this works really really great with allSourcegames. Im so

mod_desolator

Jan 1, 2009, 10:08:50 PM1/1/09
to INTEL 9XX Gaming
Yeah, su(ks that there isn't any modded drivers for the Intel 915GM
onboard graphics...

-Des