Exacum pumilum

Pravin Kawale

Sep 14, 2011, 1:18:41 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Flowers of
Exacum pumilum
Marathi name: Jambhali chirayat
Today at Sagargad,Alibag
Regards

DSC08207.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 14, 2011, 1:30:11 AM9/14/11
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Thanks Pravin ji
Having never seen this  I was fo a moment confused about Anagallis arvensis till I saw four petals and stamens.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

H S

Sep 14, 2011, 1:38:42 AM9/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
yes Exacum pumilum, beautiful small herb.

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Balkar Arya

Sep 14, 2011, 2:45:57 AM9/14/11
to H S, Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Thanks Pravin Ji for such a nice flowers
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Tanay Bose

Sep 14, 2011, 8:30:39 AM9/14/11
to Balkar Arya, H S, Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Nice one Pravain Ji a new species for me
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ushadi micromini

Sep 14, 2011, 11:19:54 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
striking,
its a good thing all the botanists recognized it...
but...
when knowledgeable folks have such shorthand conversation, it confuses
people like me...
so...
can you please... tell me how big are these flowers, and how big/tall
is the plant... ???/
is it a herb?

etc etc ...

Thanks
Usha di
=====

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 15, 2011, 2:39:32 AM9/15/11
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Nice picture!
Another new species to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 15, 2011, 2:51:21 AM9/15/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Ushaji and All,
When for the first time i saw picture of this flower, i too was in love with it.
And when i saw it actually, i was Oh My God!! Such lovely flower, but its so small...
The flower doesnt exceed the size more then 1 cm and it is one of the flower found in the beautiful Kaas plateau as well.

Shweta

--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,