ID of Polygonum!

ravi g

Aug 1, 2011, 11:40:29 AM8/1/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I require your help in identification of these varieties of polygonum.  The first three photos look very much different from the last snap polygonum4 which looks different.  I strongly suspect it to be Polygonum barbatum.  I require your help in identification of this variety of Polygonum.  Do help me out with this identification.
polygonumbarbatum.JPG
polygonum2.JPG
polygonum3.JPG
polygonum4.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

Aug 2, 2011, 8:20:22 PM8/2/11
to efloraofindia
Please check for Polygonum glabrum (Persicaria glabra).

Regards,
Ritesh.

Smilax004

Aug 3, 2011, 1:03:12 AM8/3/11
to efloraofindia
I am also thinking that this could be P. glabrum.

Please check the following;

Nut biconvex- P glabrum
Nut trigonous P. barbatum

But, according to gamble, there might be biconvex nuts among
trigonous nuts so check for the presence trigonous nuts in the
fruiting inflorescence.

Further,

Bracts not ciliate on the margins . P. glabrum.

Bracts ciliate on the margins - P barbatulum

Ocreae (A sheath formed at the node of a stem by the fusion of two
stipules) 2-4cm long, tubular, glabrous, truncate at mouth - P glabrum

Ocreae 1.5-2.5 cm, tubular, strigose (Having stiff, straight, closely
appressed hair), with very long ciliae at the mouth- P barbatum

Hope this key would be helpful.

Regards,
Giby

JM Garg

Oct 1, 2020, 6:30:29 AM10/1/20
to efloraofindia
polygonumbarbatum.JPG
polygonum2.JPG
polygonum3.JPG
polygonum4.JPG

JM Garg

Jan 30, 2022, 3:45:22 AM1/30/22
to ravi g, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Leaves appear similar to those at Persicaria lanata (Roxb.) N. N. Tsvelev
polygonumbarbatum.JPG
polygonum2.JPG
polygonum3.JPG
polygonum4.JPG