Crinum species for Id 040909JM2

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2009, 9:59:51 AM9/4/09
to indiantreepix
On 29/8/09 in a Park in Hyderabad in an unattended area.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Crinum species I IMG_1103.jpg
Crinum species I IMG_1108.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2009, 1:16:32 PM9/10/09
to indiantreepix

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Crinum species I IMG_1103.jpg
Crinum species I IMG_1108.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2009, 10:27:43 AM10/5/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Mar 14, 2011, 8:52:20 AM3/14/11
to efloraofindia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I have tentatively identified your images File:Crinum species W IMG 1103.jpg and file:Crinum species W IMG 1108.jpg as Crinum humile. It agrees well with the description, but the thing is that Crinum humile is thought to be extinct. Would it be possible for you to investigate this plant futher? Uleli (talk) 10:49, 14 March 2011 (UTC)” from Wikimedia Commons.

Mar 14, 2011, 9:55:00 AM3/14/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
local name sudarshan crinum sps
i think
hari shankar lal

On 3/14/11, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “I have tentatively identified your images File:Crinum species W IMG

> 1103.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1103.jpg>and

> file:Crinum
> species W IMG

> 1108.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1108.jpg>as
> *Crinum humile*. It agrees well with the description, but the thing is that
> *Crinum humile* is thought to be extinct. Would it be possible for you to
> investigate this plant futher?
> Uleli<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Uleli>(
> talk <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Uleli>) 10:49, 14 March

> 2011 (UTC)” from Wikimedia Commons.

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 14, 2011, 10:17:23 AM3/14/11
to hari lal, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
May be Crinum americanum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 14, 2011, 10:39:36 AM3/14/11
to efloraofindia
Perianth salver shaped, lobes lanceolate, flowers sessile, apex of
leaves obtuse; this would be Crinum pratense Herb. In a park any
Crinum sp. can be found yet the distribution will have to be confirmed
from the local flora. Regards, Shrikant

On Mar 14, 5:52 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “I have tentatively identified your images File:Crinum species W IMG
> 1103.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1103.jpg>and
> file:Crinum
> species W IMG 1108.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1108.jpg>as
> *Crinum humile*. It agrees well with the description, but the thing is that
> *Crinum humile* is thought to be extinct. Would it be possible for you to
> investigate this plant futher?
> talk <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Uleli>) 10:49, 14 March
> 2011 (UTC)” from Wikimedia Commons.

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 14, 2011, 11:11:30 AM3/14/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Yes Shrikant ji
You may be right. However, the correct name according to the Kew Plant List is Crinum lorifolium Roxb. ex Ker Gawl. with following from the same area as synonyms: C pratense Herb., Crinum canalifolium Herb.,   Crinum elegans Carey ex Herb., Crinum longifolium Roxb. ex Ker Gawl