Flora of Panipat: Flueggea virosa from Sodhapur Panipat

Balkar Arya

Sep 12, 2011, 9:23:39 PM9/12/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Flueggea virosa from Sodhapur Panipat
Wild Large Bush both male and female plant

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Flueggea virosa-A (1).JPG
Flueggea virosa-C (1).JPG
Flueggea virosa-C (2).JPG
Flueggea virosa-C (3).JPG
Flueggea virosa-C (4).JPG
Flueggea virosa-C (5).JPG
Flueggea virosa-A (2).JPG
Flueggea virosa-A (3).JPG
Flueggea virosa-A (4).JPG
Flueggea virosa-A (5).JPG
Flueggea virosa-A (6).JPG
Flueggea virosa-A (7).JPG
Flueggea virosa-A (9).JPG
Flueggea virosa-B.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 12, 2011, 9:49:55 PM9/12/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Thanks for showing Balkar
Not seen it
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

ushadi Micromini

Sep 12, 2011, 10:27:17 PM9/12/11
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya

Very interesting...  on the net at some sites I learned that  The roots and fruits are believed to be an effective snakebite remedy and is  larval food for Charaxes butterflies.

At wiki I found that this is perhaps " native"  indian? plant , and wiki did not have photos, only a BW line drawing from the following book:    D. Brandis, Illustrations of the Forest Flora of North-West and Central India, 1874  The illustration must be from before 1874… I find that very interesting….

I Am enclosing the bw line drawing published  in wiki…

This image (or other media file) is in the public domain  because its copyright has expired. This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons.  Commons is a freely licensed media file repository.

The figure itself is reduced from tab. 54 of D. Brandis, Illustrations of the FOREST FLORA OF NORTH-WEST AND CENTRAL INDIA, 1874

published by Kurt Stüber, http://www.biolib.de

and the book is at

http://caliban.mpipz.mpg.de/brandis/brandis_flora_of_india.pdf

Usha di