Valley of flowers5

Rakesh

Dec 19, 2010, 3:26:20 AM12/19/10
to Indiantreepix
ID requested in continuation of earlier mails.

Rakesh
DSCF6668.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 19, 2010, 3:43:48 AM12/19/10
to Rakesh, Indiantreepix
Pl. provide information as per the prewscribed format.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rakesh

Dec 19, 2010, 4:14:53 AM12/19/10
to Gurcharan Singh
Sir, the flowers are heavenly scented. If you cross from nearby also you will feel that something has been sprayed on your nose & if you go nearby and smell it will directly hit your head. Really a very sweet & heady smell. Valley of flowers is at an altitude of around 4000 mtrs. and having an extremely cold snowy weather. The photo was taken in June 2007. Hope this will help.

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 19, 2010, 5:07:02 AM12/19/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Rakesh, Indiantreepix
Dr. Gurcharan asked you to send in prescribed format means, you are
supposed to add extra information of from where and when it was
collected.
Posting guidelines are mentioned in the home page of efloraofindia.
Please follow.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 19, 2010, 5:08:09 AM12/19/10
to Rakesh, indiantreepix
Thermopsis sp.
Pankaj

Rakesh

Dec 19, 2010, 5:33:10 AM12/19/10
to Pankaj Kumar, sing...@gmail.com
Sir, I am basically a photo enthusiast (photographer at heart). Since these
flowers have stolen my heart I wanted to gather some information about them
and in future hope to photograph more varieties. If my posts are not fully
complete than I say sorry from my heart and would try to post future mails
with full information available with me. Would like to add that it is my
privilege to get guidance from you & Dr. G. Singh. Thanks for your support.

Rakesh

Apr 7, 2011, 2:14:39 AM4/7/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, Rakesh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Sir, the flowers are heavenly scented. If you cross from nearby also you will feel that something has been sprayed on your nose & if you go nearby and smell it will directly hit your head. Really a very sweet & heady smell. Valley of flowers is at an altitude of around 4000 mtrs. and having an extremely cold snowy weather. The photo was taken in June 2007. Hope this will help.” from Rakesh ji.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSCF6668.JPG

Tabish

Apr 7, 2011, 2:23:04 AM4/7/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, Rakesh