Plumbaginaceae: Plumbago zeylanica L.

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 9:07:58 AM2/15/11
to indiantreepix
Plumbago zeylanica L. Sp. Pl. 1: 151. 1753.
Family: Plumbaginaceae
Lectotype : Herb. Linn. No. 216.2 (LINN)

Location: TBGRI, Thiruvananthapuram
Oceania [Wikipedia]
Camera: Nikon D300+Nikkor 60mm+Vivitar Ringhflash.

Attachments:
1. Image of the plant
2. Protologue
3. Image of Lectotype

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Slide117.JPG
PROTOLOGUE PLUMBAGO ZEYLANICA.jpg
LECTOTYPE PLUMBAGO ZEYLANICA.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 15, 2011, 9:30:17 AM2/15/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanks Pankaj ji for details of this common species.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

manudev madhavan

Feb 17, 2011, 5:15:34 AM2/17/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix

here it is mine...
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

plumbago zeylanica L..jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 17, 2011, 9:11:48 AM2/17/11
to manudev madhavan, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Beautiful,
thanks a lot for sharing...
Pankaj

Smilax004

Feb 18, 2011, 1:37:36 AM2/18/11
to efloraofindia
Manu....,

You are not only a good artist but a good photographer also...
bit more to adjust on the aperture and flash when taking light colored
flowers. Pankaj ji would help you with guidelines in this regard....

Regards,
Giby

On Feb 17, 3:15 pm, manudev madhavan <manudevkmadha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> here it is mine...
>

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Pankaj ji for details of this common species.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> *Manudev K Madhavan*
> Junior Research Fellow
> Systematic & Floristic Lab,
> Department of Botany,
> Centre for Postgraduate Studies & Research
> St. Joseph's College, Devagiri
> Kozhikode- 673 008
> Mob: 9496470738
>
>  plumbago zeylanica L..jpg
> 537KViewDownload

manudev madhavan

Feb 18, 2011, 4:52:12 AM2/18/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thank you very much for the information.........
I would like to hear more about photography...

regards..

--
Manudev K Madhavan

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 19, 2011, 2:06:25 PM2/19/11
to manudev madhavan, Smilax004, efloraofindia
I would love to share my knowledge of photography if anyone wants to Giby.
There is one thing I must express here

GOOD TAXONOMIST
GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER
GOOD ILLUSTRATOR
GOOD PLANT GROWER
+
PASSION FOR PLANTS
One who has these 5 qualities is a true botanist as well as
taxonomist. Unfortunately we have very few.

I think I will start a new session of photography tips putting points
one by one.
Regards
Pankaj

manudev madhavan

Feb 20, 2011, 12:22:34 AM2/20/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Smilax004, efloraofindia
you are welcome....!!1

Smilax004

Feb 20, 2011, 1:16:34 AM2/20/11
to efloraofindia, PANKAJ KUMAR

A valid point.
I request you to add Patience as well to this.

Regards,
Giby

On Feb 20, 12:06 am, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love to share my knowledge of photography if anyone wants to Giby.
> There is one thing I must express here
>
> GOOD TAXONOMIST
> GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER
> GOOD ILLUSTRATOR
> GOOD PLANT GROWER
> +
> PASSION FOR PLANTS
> One who has these 5 qualities is a true botanist as well as
> taxonomist. Unfortunately we have very few.
>
> I think I will start a new session of photography tips putting points
> one by one.
> Regards
> Pankaj
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 3:22 PM, manudev madhavan
>

> <manudevkmadha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you very much for the information.........
> > I would like to hear more about photography...
> > regards..
> > On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Smilax004 <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com>

Mahadeswara

Feb 20, 2011, 8:16:53 AM2/20/11
to efloraofindia
Patience to observe the characters in detail and to look into
reference / publications.

On Feb 20, 12:06 am, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love to share my knowledge of photography if anyone wants to Giby.
> There is one thing I must express here
>
> GOOD TAXONOMIST
> GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER
> GOOD ILLUSTRATOR
> GOOD PLANT GROWER
> +
> PASSION FOR PLANTS
> One who has these 5 qualities is a true botanist as well as
> taxonomist. Unfortunately we have very few.
>
> I think I will start a new session of photography tips putting points
> one by one.
> Regards
> Pankaj
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 3:22 PM, manudev madhavan
>

> <manudevkmadha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you very much for the information.........
> > I would like to hear more about photography...
> > regards..
> > On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Smilax004 <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com>

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 20, 2011, 1:02:54 PM2/20/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Yes patience too.
Sorry I forgot :P..
Thanks a lot Gibs and Mahadeswara sir.
Pankaj

prasad dash

Feb 21, 2011, 6:15:34 AM2/21/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Dear all please find the image of Plumbago zeylanica collected by me from Ranpur, Nayagarh district in Eastern Ghats of Orissa from an altitude of 500 m above msl.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Na Bha

Feb 21, 2011, 7:14:35 AM2/21/11
to indiantreepix
Hallo

I read about an interesting project in Berlin. Well, most of the information is naturally  in german,  but under about us http://prinzessinnengarten.net/about/ you can read the english version. and certainly the Fotogalerie does not need any language.

It is very interesting and worth reading and watching fotos and perhaps worth copying.

Regards
Nalini

Rashida Atthar

Feb 21, 2011, 9:21:29 AM2/21/11
to Na Bha, indiantreepix
Enjoyed reading this Nabha ji. Thanks. Wonderful concept for application!

regards,
Rashida.

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 21, 2011, 11:06:18 AM2/21/11