FRUITS OF CALAMUS SP

1 view

Col Bimal Sarkar

Oct 4, 2011, 10:45:33 AM10/4/11

Dear Friend,
                  I am sure you all are familiar with cane furniture,but you may not be aware of the fact that Calamus bears small fruits also.I saw a beautiful art work made wtth the fruits of this plant.This is the time of Durga Puja in Bengal.They construct beautiful pandals for this purpose.In one of the pandal the main item used for decoration was Calamus fruits.They must have used few lacs of fruits.Attaching 3 images to show some motifs of the work done.The last image is to show the details of the fruits.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Calamus 1.jpg